JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Hancock: master thread

MissAshley

A few new samples from the soundtrack:

http://www.hans-zimmer.com/~hybrid/powell/Hancock16.mp3

http://www.hans-zimmer.com/~hybrid/powell/Hancock19.mp3

http://www.hans-zimmer.com/~hybrid/powell/Hancock20.mp3

I just bought the CD from ebay, and I must say, that it's great, much better than the I am Legend score if you ask me. But you can really hear the tone shift in the music. The first half of the CD has music you would expect in a movie like shark tale, and the 2nd half has music you would expect in I am Legend except for a few tracks that are more uplifting action/adventure, kindof lika an action/drama movie. But it's a great, and i mean GREAT, CD!

Edited by viber_91

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I like about Will so much and it is the same with his music! ;)

U can listen to it with ur sons, too! :)

you're absolutely right.. good example. "Here He Comes'... imagine a (then) 7 year old sneaking round the house singing with an active imagination talkin bout

"Here He Comes" ... with a cape on... LOL... yea. its real fun.

xo,

cookie

Hahahahaha, u got the point! LOL :lolsign:

Thanx for those Ale!

A bit off-topic, but... Does anybody know what Will is gonna do after Hancock and Seven Pounds? I heard that Mann wants to direct Empire early next year, but maybe that's just a rumor, does anybody know what Wills next movie will be after Seven Pounds?

Edited by viber_91

Thanx for those Ale!

A bit off-topic, but... Does anybody know what Will is gonna do after Hancock and Seven Pounds? I heard that Mann wants to direct Empire early next year, but maybe that's just a rumor, does anybody know what Wills next movie will be after Seven Pounds?

You're welcome. :thumbsup:

Well, that's a good question, and I would like to know the answer, but I'm afraid I have no idea. If he doesn't play Bobby Seale in 'The Trial of the Chicago 7', I think his next movie could be 'Empire', but we'll have to wait to confirm that. Who knows, maybe Will wants to take some months off before filming more movies. So I repeat: we'll have to wait to know it.

Apart from that, I haven't heard anything new about 'Time Share', that movie with Nick Cage. It probably has been cancelled. Hope so since I can't stand Mr. Cage.

Thanx for those Ale!

You're welcome. :thumbsup:

Well, that's a good question, and I would like to know the answer, but I'm afraid I have no idea. If he doesn't play Bobby Seale in 'The Trial of the Chicago 7', I think his next movie could be 'Empire', but we'll have to wait to confirm that. Who knows, maybe Will wants to take some months off before filming more movies. So I repeat: we'll have to wait to know it.

Apart from that, I haven't heard anything new about 'Time Share', that movie with Nick Cage. It probably has been cancelled. Hope so since I can't stand Mr. Cage.

In the new Letterman interview, Will said he's taking 5 months off now, so maybe he starts shooting Empire early next year, I relly hope that. I'm guessing we'll hear more when he starts promoting seven pounds...

New clip:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pt07CfeAx50

- I really hate myself cause I'm watching all of these clips, I know that it ruins a lot of the movie...

And some comic book covers:

artwork_jock1.jpgartwork_nealadams.jpg

artwork_frankquitely.jpgartwork_jock2.jpg

artwork_billsienkiewicz.jpg

Edited by viber_91

Hancock interview/review:

Rating: *****

“There hasn’t been a new superhero in maybe forty years,” says Will Smith who plays the title character in Columbia Pictures ‘Hancock’. “Spider-Man, Iron Man and Batman and Superman, those were our fathers’ superheros. It’s very hard to create a new superhero.”

“It’s so hard to come up with something original,” says Academy Award-winner Charlize Theron. “I think that it’s always brave to take something that’s a quintessential loved genre, which is the superhero, especially in the American culture, to kind of turn that upside-down and say, let’s look at that from a completely different angle. What if superheros weren’t perfect?”

“Hancock doesn’t know everything about Hancock,” says Smith. “Things begin to reveal themselves in the second half.” Theron says, “We have to get him into a situation where he can turn his life around.”

pk-31a.jpg

“We looked in the creation of Hancock at Greek mythology,” says Smith. “There were gods and everything, but they had regular problems.”

“What if they were actually closer to us as human beings?” says Theron. “What if they were alcoholics and they were tired of saving people? What if they were actually lonely and wished they had love? Basically, a superhero on Dr. Phil.”

“He drinks a little too much,” says Smith. “He’s an alcoholic superhero. He can fly, but he flies drunk. He flies into buildings. The only difficult part was the flying. We built these flying rigs. A lot of the flying stuff is real, practical, in the air, gravity.”

“The technology out there today is just incredible,” says Theron. “And what they can do is absolutely insane. I think it’s become a little safer, especially since I did ‘Aeon Flux’.” The star had to take a month from filming ‘Aeon Flux’ after she injured her back doing her own stunts.

“I like that we were creating a new superhero, and I like that he was flawed,” says Theron. “What I liked about this is it was the most human story that I’ve read in a long time. It really dealt with the human condition. As actors you’re always inspired and excited to delve into a world that deals with human behavior. I thought it was flawed and interesting.”

“Hancock said everything he wanted to say and did everything that he wanted to do,” says Smith. “It’s so opposite of how I lead own life. There’s so much concern and care to say and do things right in the press. I just love that Hancock doesn’t care at all.”

“My character gets to really fall on her face and learning what that means for her,” says Smith. “I’m always interested to play women who are conflicted and find themselves in environments where they don’t always get to make the best decisions. Where life takes over and emotion takes over and human behavior takes over.”

“She likes being a teacher and loves driving her stepson to soccer until the day this guy drops in,” says Theron. “Hancock. She hates him. She absolutely hates him. There’s a real animosity instantly towards him, which of course means she’s crazy about him, in girl terms. Boys don’t realize that. The meaner we are, the more we’re into you.”

“It was a great time,” says Theron. “It was a pleasure. Will and I had done a film eight years ago called the legend of Bagger Vance. We had a great time on that. We didn’t get to work together as much on that as we did on this. Jason and I worked on Arrested Development together. I knew him and fell in love with him a bit on that. Peter is great energy. He’s crazy, but really smart.”

“The cast was hugely important,” says Smith. “He likes to ‘find it’. “The way that Pete Berg likes to shoot is unrehearsed. The cameras are all handheld so everybody can move. If you do something, great, he can go in and get it. There’s an improvisational free-form feeling.

Hancock owes a lot to ‘Spider-Man’, another superhero who was an ordinary guy who had power thrust upon him. For Hancock, a superhero with no mission, with great power comes great irresponsibility. A drunk Hancock still saves lives. However, the collateral property damage is extensive. An idealistic publicist takes Hancock under his wing to give him a make-over.

Will Smith brings likability and rough charm. Charlize Theron looks beautiful, as always. Jason Bateman plays the straight man, setting up the laughs. The title ‘Hancock’ was thankfully changed from the working title of ‘Tonight, He Comes.”

‘Hancock’ is funny with lots of action, although a bit violent and derelict. Great for superhero fans.

http://www.hollywoodtoday.net/?p=5065

Edited by viber_91

Another review:

From a movie-going standpoint, there are two kinds of Fourth of July weekends.

There are July 4th weekends with a new Will Smith movie coming out, and there are July 4th weekends with no Will Smith movie coming out.

This upcoming Fourth is the former. Lucky us.

And even luckier still is that this particular Will Smith movie is not “Wild Wild West.”

You’ll have to determine for yourself where it stands in the pantheon of Will Smith movies, but I enjoyed it very much.

No spoiler alert is needed right here. I intend to give nothing away. Any person who gives away key plot twists before you have a chance to see the movie is a jerk.

I will tell you what it’s about. Smith plays an alcoholic superhero. He’s got most of Superman’s powers, but none of his class. In fact, people can’t stand him. Jason Bateman is hysterical as a public relations guy who tries to rehabilitate the superhero’s image. Charlize Theron, looking considerably better than her “Monster” days, portrays Bateman’s wife.

I won’t tell you anymore about the story. Peter Berg (”Very Bad Things,” “Friday Night Lights“) did an exceptional job directing his first superhero film, and he made it different than any superhero movie you’ve ever seen. Sure, it has spectacular special effects, but it’s got angst up the ying-yang.

You think Spider-Man has issues? Hancock’s issues could beat up Spider-Man’s issues.

This movie should make a few bucks. It might even be the number one movie for the five-day holiday weekend - by about $100 million.

“Hancock” opens July 2.

http://barry.freedomblogging.com/2008/06/2...ncock-i-saw-it/

Hancock would make a great comic book movie, and thanks for the Letterman links Viber, I recorded it last night got back from work and watched it, if anyone wants to download it to his PC in much better quality, let me know I'll upload it just in case.

Ty if you don't care I'd like to watch it in better quality, but only if you have time ;-)

Hancock would make a great comic book movie, and thanks for the Letterman links Viber, I recorded it last night got back from work and watched it, if anyone wants to download it to his PC in much better quality, let me know I'll upload it just in case.

Ty if you don't care I'd like to watch it in better quality, but only if you have time ;-)

yeah, me too. But only if you have the time...