Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Hancock: master thread

MissAshley

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx for the review Darth Mattitude.

Here's another one from IMDB, it's very positive (some spoilers)...

"Had the chance to catch a press screening in Germany yesterday. I was suprised by the film. It has two twists and then becomes something a bit different from what the trailers suggest... It's not just a comedy about a drunken hero; there is a surprising amount of depth to his character as he learns why he is the way he is and then tries to change his habits. But most surprising of all, it turns out that the real heart of this movie is a love story, and it's a quite engaging one. (There isnt even that much action in it; but two or three scenes are definately not for kids). This is a movie for a very big audience: boys and girls will like this just as much, I guess. And for a Hollywood mainstream blockbuster, it has a surprisingly good script. "Hancock" and "Iron Man" will be remembered as the two great summer movies of this year.

Most surprising for me, since I was just expecting a typical Will-Smith-comedy-twist on the hero movie, is that it becomes a love story and kind of goes into "City Of Angels"-territory (but not in a bad way at all - it's not cheesy, can't tell you why, cause that would be a massive spoiler).

The hero stuff is kind of old school; sure, the effects are good, but most of the things he does (with one exception) are not all that spectacular. He doesn't save the world. There are no villains to speak of. And he doesn't wear his underpants over spandex.

I guess this is the first hero movie that is not a comic (well, apart maybe from "Hero At Large", but that guy wasn't even a real hero)"

• Admin

Hi All first poster here.

Just wanted to drop in and say I saw the first press screening of Hancock her ein the UK last night. How did I get in I hear you all ask? I run a movie website CPC Movies (Google it)

But if your intrested in my review of Hancock then please click HERE (Hancock Review)

Hey Darth..nice review. So the last third of the movie..does it move more into a drama? Do they still retain the dark elements of the original script? Did you notice any scenes that would have been the ones they reshot a few weeks ago?

Look what I found on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LijAb3s8nOk

I don't understand what they say much....

4220274928yl4.jpg

careful, Jada might "SET IT OFF" LOLOLOL

:lolsign:

Lol. When I see this pic I think "ohh how cute they are, Charlize seems such a nice girl" When I saw similar pics with Eva Mendes I thought " Oohh what a b****" hahahaha

I'd love to see Will & Charlize in Madrid. They seem so nice..

Edited by Sandy

• Members

Hi All first poster here.

Just wanted to drop in and say I saw the first press screening of Hancock her ein the UK last night. How did I get in I hear you all ask? I run a movie website CPC Movies (Google it)

But if your intrested in my review of Hancock then please click HERE (Hancock Review)

Hey Darth..nice review. So the last third of the movie..does it move more into a drama? Do they still retain the dark elements of the original script? Did you notice any scenes that would have been the ones they reshot a few weeks ago?

No it kinda smacks of they had a really good thing going and then they ran out of ideas and went ermm how do we end this, oh I know we'll have a final battle that is deviod of any tension and point. Sure theres some emotional drama put in there and the three main players are superb, but you sit there thinking whats the point, its a bit ET for my liking (You'll see what I mean when you watch it). Oh and just met up with Will in London at the Premiere and got a few questions in. Unfortunately the audio is rubbish and unsable as I was right under one of the speakers. I even got him to a soundbite for the podcast, bummer. Still great man.

• Members

damn we would have liked a soundbite for our podcast too haha.. what questions did u ask?

As you can imagine it was quite busy and the PRs were moving him on quite quickly but I got in -

Will, the world wants to know did you or did you not hit Charlize during filming? To which he declined to answer with a rueful smile, but did say don't believe anything Charlize says about it.

You saved the world several times now, is there any other way you can save it? Or will you find something else to do?

Why should people go and see Hancock?

And that was all I got other than the podcast soundbite. I was so happy with all of it, until I played it back, then i screamed!

Ah well, I have the Prince Caspian junket today so, it looks like the next podcast on CPC Movies will be a Caspian edition and not a Hancock edition as previously planned.