JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Hancock: master thread

MissAshley

Easy man, dont worry about it, I think that in the end Will publicity for the movie and the outcome of its comedy part is going to be the reignin part in its success...

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like theyr'e not going to have any new posters... This photo was taken in Cannes:

hancock-cannes.jpg

Edited by viber_91

More reviews...

I just saw a preview of Hancock out here in Vegas; and it's a pretty

good movie. The beginning is amazing, but it dies down a lot after

about an hour. It's a superhero movie with a completely different

twist; and keeps you entertained throughout most of the movie.

Hancock isn't your average superhero. He's a drunk, dirty bum who

doesn't really care what people think of him or how much damage he

causes to other cars, buildings, roads, etc. while "stopping the bad

guys", he just gets the job done without consideration of his public

image. Which, of course, makes the public dislike Hancock and even

complain about him. Eventually he saves a Publicist, who in return

tries to improve Hancock's image publicly.

The movie plays out somewhat expectedly until a very huge twist; even

though it plays out somewhat expectedly, it is extremely entertaining

and fun to watch. It even manages to keep you on the edge of your seat

a little until after the twist is revealed. After that it just seems

like the movie was rushed.

The climax leaves you wanting more, and the resolution just isn't that

satisfying. The antagonists don't have any character development at

all. They are literally on the screen for 5 minutes and that's it. You

don't hear their names or really remember what they even look like. It

seems like the writers had a good idea about a renegade superhero, but

needed a couple bad guys just so the story had a climax and resolution.

Overall, it's a good movie. Not the best of the Summer, but probably

top 10. This movie is entertaining, and worth the money to kill an hour

and a half. But it definitely lacks a lot of character development

which almost kills the entire movie.

7/10

:shrug: what's really going on?

Hancock May Be In Trouble

Disturbing news from the realm of Will Smith’s superhero movie Hancock. The movie’s world premiere had been scheduled to happen next month in Australia. Everyone from Will Smith to Peter Berg was scheduled to attend, but now not so much. The film’s premiere has been unceremoniously cancelled.

What’s really worrisome here is the reason it may have been cancelled. Our sources tell us they aren’t having the premiere, because the movie won’t be ready. It won’t be ready because they won’t have a print, and they won’t have a print, because rumor is that the movie is headed for re-shoots. There may be problems with Hancock.

The film is set to open worldwide on July 2nd, which makes this a bit late to be pulling the thing out of the can and re-shooting it. On the other hand, there were rumors that Will Smith’s last film I Am Legend went through similar troubles, and that ultimately turned out pretty good. If this is true, maybe it’ll be for the best.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Hancock-May...ouble-8851.html

• Admin

Disturbing news from the realm of Will Smith’s superhero movie Hancock. The movie’s world premiere had been scheduled to happen next month in Australia. Everyone from Will Smith to Peter Berg was scheduled to attend, but now not so much. The film’s premiere has been unceremoniously cancelled.

What’s really worrisome here is the reason it may have been cancelled. Our sources tell us they aren’t having the premiere, because the movie won’t be ready. It won’t be ready because they won’t have a print, and they won’t have a print, because rumor is that the movie is headed for re-shoots. There may be problems with Hancock.

The film is set to open worldwide on July 2nd, which makes this a bit late to be pulling the thing out of the can and re-shooting it. On the other hand, there were rumors that Will Smith’s last film I Am Legend went through similar troubles, and that ultimately turned out pretty good. If this is true, maybe it’ll be for the best.

What????? NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:noooo: :noooo: :noooo: :noooo:

What????? NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:noooo: :noooo: :noooo: :noooo:

times a billion

This is all so confused!!! Hope the premiere to be back again in Australia 'coz people like Tim were excited for the performance there :shake:

JRoll, your JRoll style is sooo cool!!!I love it.

Man, I hate this! I was looking forward to this movie so much, and now... Why can't they release the movie, and skip the re-shoots! They're just thinking about the money, not the movie. C'mon! The reviews weren't that bad, and BBII had a R rating and went really well at box office... Now, this movie just seems like crap to me, and I'm not looking forward to it very much... We all know what happened to I am Legend, if they would have made that movie a bit more dark and kept the original ending, it would have been great! BLAH!!!!

Edited by viber_91

They are defiently trying to mismarket this to people as a comedy and family friendly. Saw a trailer in front of the new Narnia movie and it was the trailer from before, but it had none of the going to prison scenes including the joke about shoving a head up another guy's ass. Also the part where he yells at the lady that he's been drinking was missing.