JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Hancock: master thread

MissAshley

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How weird. A scene in NY is new 'coz we haven't seen any pictures of Will shooting there when the filmed the movie...last year. So they're changing the history a bit. This is going to be like I am legend, we won't see scenes in the movie that we know exist.

And yes, he looks a bit different 'coz he's thinner. Is seven pounds already finished??

Edited by Sandy

New Hancock Set Photos Mildly Disturbing

Writing by Dave on Monday, 12 May, 2008 at 10:08 am

No, they don’t show Will Smith molesting children. They are pretty tame. And Spike Lee is there for some reason (photos under the cut).

This weekend, Hancock did some filming in Times Square, which is disconcerting, because the film has already screened in test form (since it wrapped production in November) Not only that, but there are rumors that Hancock has already FAILED to get a PG-13 rating after submitting to the MPAA twice. Each time, they came away with an R.

Peter Berg, who we love for his contribution of Friday Night Lights to the television landscape, told the New York Times: ”“We had statutory rape up until three weeks ago,” referring to the re-cuts constantly taking place to bring Hancock in at a PG-13 rating so Will Smith can take the 4th of July box office he is now all but entitled to.

But, can Hancock really pull in the numbers everyone expects from it?

We’ve heard that the power of super-hero ejaculate is discussed in the test-screenings, with Hancock blowing holes in the roof of his trailer during orgasm. We’ve heard that the movie – at one time – contained several scenes of Hancock drinking with under-age kids. We’ve heard that the gag in the preview where Hancock tells a fellow inmate he’ll shove the inmate’s head in the inmate’s ass, well, actually happens on screen.

We hate to be the buzz-kill here, but pickups this weekend in Times Square about 7 weeks from the release date spell BAD NEWS.

http://www.thebadandugly.com/2008/05/12/ne...dly-disturbing/

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/849/secondpicsr7.jpg

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/9623/thirdpicwq7.jpg

Edited by Ale

bad review.. the pics were pretty good. Lets just hope for the best and thats it! Thanks Ale for all ur info on this subject. I wouldnt believe after all this work u would miss this movie... lol

bad review.. the pics were pretty good. Lets just hope for the best and thats it! Thanks Ale for all ur info on this subject. I wouldnt believe after all this work u would miss this movie... lol

LOL! Well I'll see the movie, of course, but I don't have my hopes up :thumbsup:

I hope they fix Will's look with computers to make him look like in the scenes we've seen in the trailer because if they don't is going to be horrible to see him all fit and the next scene like if he was sick. These means that we'll have another DVD with the original version?? Bad BOys II was rated R and it went well at box office , why don't leave this they way it is???

Edited by Sandy

I think they are making this a happy ending, just like in I am Legend.

In the script

the movie ends with Hancock sitting on a building, alone, probably drunk... He's right back where he started.

But in these pics the camera is following Will even when all those "fans" are around him. I think that they are gonna do a "he becomes good" ending instead. And that the scenes they shot in New York is to show how the people now love him. BLAH!

But, that's just a guess. I hope I'm wrong...

This upsets me, I liked the sound of the movie from the reviews, even from the negative ones. It seemed really differant and unique. Dark, unPC comedy with shift in tone seems like movie wanting to do something more that just broadly entertain people. I love all kinds of film but really appreciate ones trying to do something different. That's what Will has been talking about, but now it looks he and the filmmakers are trying to please the masses with the reshoots.

That's the problem with test screenings. They pick the widest demographic with soccer moms, little kids, punk teenages, and people with just general "safe" taste in movies. General public want explosions, broad jokes, and easy to follow plot lines. They should just stick to what they have. A orginal different superhero movie with the ultimate anti-hero, a summer movie that changes tone and has some dramatics in it to go with the special effects and comedy. Really do something orginal. You do that and the movie will have people who champion it. There may be people in the general public who dislike it, who are conditioned to what a summer movie is and not like it when they see something different.

You may have a movie that underperforms at the box office, but is remembered years later as something that is truely good and orginal. Something that, frankly, Will's movies don't usually do. Now they're gonna stick a happy ending and round off the dark comedy and drama edges for more broad appeal. It may help at the box office a little, but you get a nothing movie. One that no one, even general public, really remembers or cares about more than 5 minutes after they watch it. Sorry for rambling on and on, but this looks like what they are doing, and it pisses me off.

Edited by Radewart