JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Hancock: master thread

MissAshley

Better than "Men in Black II", "Wild Wild West", and "I, Robot"? That's not very complicated. Better than "I am Legend"? I have my doubts. Although I am Legend wasn't an excellent movie, Will's performance was excellent, and I'd say it is at the same level as 'Ali' or Chris Gardner in 'Pursuit of Happyness'. So do you really think Will's performance as John Hancock is going to be better than his performance as Robert Neville? I really don't think so. Just my opinion.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better than "Men in Black II", "Wild Wild West", and "I, Robot"? That's not very complicated. Better than "I am Legend"? I have my doubts. Although I am Legend wasn't an excellent movie, Will's performance was excellent, and I'd say it is at the same level as 'Ali' or Chris Gardner in 'Pursuit of Happyness'. So do you really think Will's performance as John Hancock is going to be better than his performance as Robert Neville? I really don't think so. Just my opinion.
Will's performance was great, the last half of the movie though left alot to be desired. Trailers are ment to get people in seats, so of course they are gonna highlight action and comedy. Peter Berg is good director, and Michael Mann is onboard with this. He's been attached to it for awhile. He doesn't associate with crap, he's one of Hollywood's best.

everything she's saying really contradicts that first trailer, it looks like they're trying to sell it as a silly comedy, and it seems like that's what most people are expecting, so maybe they're marketing the film like that for a reason? This is his first movie in a while I just can't seem to get excited about, because it does look really silly to me. I think if it's as deep and original as she's saying the trailer is very misleading. (I know you can't always go by a trailer)

yeah i agree, i cant make my mind up about this movie and how well its going to do just bcoz you cant get anything from that trailer. I just hope what charlize is saying is right.

• Members

Whoops!

Well, I'm still looking forward to this one. If you think about it the thing they really didn't like is that it turned out no to be an action comedy...which is what WE all were hoping for, right?

Let's wait and see...

• Admin

Those reviews don't alarm me at all.. I know that hancock is more a drama not a comedy.. its really sonys fault for misleading people and it will probably backfire on them..and if its like an episode of friday night lights..well I love friday night lights so no problems there..

Crap! well, it's just two peoples thoughts...

I hope this is because they thought the film was gonna be a full action comedy flick and not with 30% drama. Apparently Will is great (as usual), in a not so great movie(as usual), the first half is great, but it all falls apart in the second half... Hey, where have I heard that before?

Well, Charlize said "It's really an original film" and that "It kind of flips off the whole idea of genre". I hope that these two guys are just to stupid to really enjoy a movie with a quite big amount of drama, and therefore think it sucks (that is the case for about 25% of all guys 10-40 years old).

But I'm still looking forward to this movie, hope it turns out great and the stuff i read in the reviews makes me look forward to this movie even more. Wills character sounds like it's great and hopefully the movie is as well.

Apparently Will is great (as usual), in a not so great movie(as usual)

I'm really getting annoyed with this. Will is always the bright spot of a movie and delivers amazing performances

but somehow the movie doesn't do him justice. I really thought the review would be like Iamlegend, you know lopsided,

but the dude was fairly objective and he was eager to watch Hancock, he didn't go in with prejudices. He also gave Will mad props and I don't think he hated drama, he just felt it didn't make sense. I can imagine that. That's why I'd love Will to work with good directors with good scripts at least. He usually has to work with medicore directors with medicore scripts.

I'm still seeing this nonetheless, but I'm quite depressed after reading that. I had some high hopes for this.

And I think the guy can't be wrong, it's like IAL, the first review said the ending was pretty bad, we didn't believe it.

But the consensus really ripped it apart. I think this guy knows what he's talking about.

Dayum :shakehead:

I'll wait to see the movie and then I'll see if I have the same opinion or not than this people.

I'm one of those persons who most of the times don't share the opinion of the critics, when thy say a movie is great I don't like it much, when they say is horrible I like it. Yes, I'm weird lol