JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Hancock: master thread

MissAshley

Supporting Characters Explain Hancock Plot

Charlize Theron and Jason Bateman talk about the superhero comedy

by Fred Topel | September 11, 2007

How could anyone not like Will Smith? He's going to have to convince people he can be a pain in next summer's action comedy Hancock. He plays a drunk superhero who needs a publicist to fix his image. Jason Bateman plays that publicist.

"I'm teaching him how to navigate those waters, and be more polite in press conferences," said Bateman. "And I've got to get him a little outfit and a cape, and everything. Basically, I'm a corporate PR guy."

Then, John Hancock (Smith) goes after his publicist's wife (Charlize Theron). She hinted that there was more to Hancock than the superhero love triangle. "It was very smart and very intelligent and had this kind of historical element to it that I was fascinated by," she said. "It's not silly, it's not stupid. It's fun but I think it's smart. I think Akiva [Goldsman] writes really interesting material. There's a lot of heavy stuff in this, really, really heavy stuff. "

Bateman added that there are still plenty of explosions for the summer crowd. "There's flying and special effects, and things are blowing up, and trains are getting tossed," said Bateman. "It's so much work."

In those scenes, Theron deferred to Smith. "I like the idea of doing this and looking at Will and going, 'I don't know, Men in Black IV, you tell me. I don't do these.' So I like that challenge.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10008501-h...k/news/1669905/

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could anyone not like Will Smith? He's going to have to convince people he can be a pain in next summer's action comedy Hancock. He plays a drunk superhero who needs a publicist to fix his image. Jason Bateman plays that publicist.

"I'm teaching him how to navigate those waters, and be more polite in press conferences," said Bateman. "And I've got to get him a little outfit and a cape, and everything. Basically, I'm a corporate PR guy."

Then, John Hancock (Smith) goes after his publicist's wife (Charlize Theron). She hinted that there was more to Hancock than the superhero love triangle. "It was very smart and very intelligent and had this kind of historical element to it that I was fascinated by," she said. "It's not silly, it's not stupid. It's fun but I think it's smart. I think Akiva [Goldsman] writes really interesting material. There's a lot of heavy stuff in this, really, really heavy stuff. "

Bateman added that there are still plenty of explosions for the summer crowd. "There's flying and special effects, and things are blowing up, and trains are getting tossed," said Bateman. "It's so much work."

In those scenes, Theron deferred to Smith. "I like the idea of doing this and looking at Will and going, 'I don't know, Men in Black IV, you tell me. I don't do these.' So I like that challenge.

I don't like how people keep refering to it as an action comedy. I don't want it to end up as "My Super Ex-Girlfriend"!

Will Smith Tears Up the Sidewalk in Dramatic Fall to the Ground

OK, this is actually Will on the set of his film, "Hancock," in which he plays a superhero. I so much prefer making up news stories based on what the picture looks like. It makes me feel like a full-fledged pretend journalist. Sigh. According to IMDb, this is what the movie's about:

A hard-living superhero (Smith) who has fallen out of favor with the public enters into a questionable relationship with the wife (Theron) of the public relations professional (Bateman) who's trying to repair his image.

That's right, my beloved Jason Bateman's also in the movie--please don't ask me how many times I've watched "Teen Wolf Too" and daydreamed about my nerdy boyfriend turning into...well, Jason Bateman--as well as Charlize Theron, who is making me reconsider my stance on cat-suits and spandex in general. I can't believe she's worried about her breasts. She should be worried about my breasts. Hers are fine.

More photos of Charlize Theron and Will Smith filming "Hancock" are after the jump.

http://socialitelife.com/2007/09/11/will_s..._the_ground.php

Edited by Ale

Will Smith and Charlize Theron Stop Traffic

If you happen to be in Hollywood anytime soon, be sure to allow a little extra time to get around. Chances are, you’ll be re-routed to avoid the havoc being wreaked on the traffic situation in LA.

And it’s all Will Smith and Charlize Theron’s fault. Their new movie John Hancock has been upsetting the Los Angeles roadways for awhile now. Last month, they filmed on the 105 highway, shutting down a major section of road to shoot a chase scene.

And now they’ve moved on to Hollywood Boulevard. Sources say that a three-day shutdown has been hell for busy commuters.

One man affected by the traffic told press, “It’s bad enough when there’s a major premiere on Hollywood Boulevard - that snarls up the traffic. But for three days? Not everyone in this town is a tourist or a member of the film industry.”

Enjoy the pictures of Charlize and Will back on the set of John Hancock (September 10-11).

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/celebritie...traffic-201966/

Edited by Ale

VIDEO!!!

Will continued to prove himself to be one of the nicest and most down-to-earth celebs on the set of his new film, Hancock. In between takes, he shook hands, posed for pix and even waved to his fans before getting into character as the fallen super-hero in the Peter Berg flick.

Wonder if his affable attitude makes up for the fact that they shut down Hollywood Blvd. for three days to shoot these scenes??

http://x17online.com/celebrities/will_smit...his_hancock.php

:hail: :hail:

Charlize Isn't PC

After promoting her new movie and supporting her man at the Toronto Film Festival, Charlize was back to work on the set of John Hancock in LA. Obviously Will isn't the only one who gets to be a big superhero in the movie - check out Charlize the strong woman lifting a truck! Charlize has been everywhere lately, from Belize to Venice and somehow managed to look pretty fabulous through it all. In this past issue of Parade, Charlize talks about babies and being wild. Here's more:

http://popsugar.com/620084

Edited by Ale

I don't like how people keep refering to it as an action comedy. I don't want it to end up as "My Super Ex-Girlfriend"!

It IS an action comedy, but in the style of "Bad Santa." That dark and twisted comedy, y'know?