JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Common feat. Pharrell - Announcement

VIsqo

Hey I thought to post something good to make yall forget about that Marco Polo thing I brought to u earlier this week. Here u go with Common sense and Pharrell Bringing it a lil bit old school With this cool song..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNdTbqsWio0

Common feat. Pharrell - Announcement

Edited by VIsqo

THANK U!!! This is dope! I love it! Common Sense is easily the most authentic emcee getting any success these days. His rhymes are dope, this beat is simple but dope...and Pharrell makes a nice appearance on this. He isn't one of the greatest emcee's of all time. Infact i'm sure most people see him as the producer/singer/emcee who does it all, but he true 2 himself and he is 1,000 light years ahead of any of these commercial or dirty south rappers getting spins. I cannot wait 4 this new album.

honestly this sht is hard to listen to for me.... UMC sounds like something that lil wayne would rap on. .. and that "this that new sht , this is the universal...." sooo fkin mainstream and trashy.

i hope this style is only for one album. i did hear that its a club album too and i dont plan on getting it.

i also wasnt a fan of finding forever either, BE is a masterpiece

Edited by Mike

I miss Common's older style though.

nah , it's time for some change ,just for a lil while

His current stuff is still great but I think, lyrically, he used to be on a whole different level.

yeah ,maybe with these stuff now , later he will make aonther Resurrection :))

honestly this sht is hard to listen to for me.... UMC sounds like something that lil wayne would rap on. .. and that "this that new sht , this is the universal...." sooo fkin mainstream and trashy.

i hope this style is only for one album. i did hear that its a club album too and i dont plan on getting it.

it's sounds for me more like for Mos Def ,with that beat Mos was gonna killin it .. anyway , yeah i agree Common is going more mainstream with these stuff and with the movies but it's one of the best hip hop stuff for the club lately ,great for breakdance so i dont see it's that bad .....aint better than Heat lyrically for defo but still ...Common is just choicing that way :shrug: "cash rull everything around me " ,right but i dont think he do it some much for that ,just time for a lil change ,hope for awile like i said ..

ps: still like the songs :)

Edited by fresh_from_sofia

Common is not one of my fave all time rappers, but I have to admit that I used to love h.e.r is one of my top 10 best rap songs ever. The guy can rhyme, theres no doubt about it, and even when he aint keeping it underground, he found a way to bring good music in a tone that nowaday people (soulja followers) might like and even make them look back and see what hip hop its all about.. My cousin is 14 years old and he showed me this song just because Pharrell was in it and he was intrigued to know who the bald big bearded man was.. Then I showed him Resurrection and Used to love H.e.r and he was shocked to see how lyrics can actually mean something more than just Marco Polo while you superman a H*..

Common is not one of my fave all time rappers, but I have to admit that I used to love h.e.r is one of my top 10 best rap songs ever. The guy can rhyme, theres no doubt about it, and even when he aint keeping it underground, he found a way to bring good music in a tone that nowaday people (soulja followers) might like and even make them look back and see what hip hop its all about.. My cousin is 14 years old and he showed me this song just because Pharrell was in it and he was intrigued to know who the bald big bearded man was.. Then I showed him Resurrection and Used to love H.e.r and he was shocked to see how lyrics can actually mean something more than just Marco Polo while you superman a H*..

why always somebody have to bring soulja boy in topics like this , we are talking about music , i am for real !