JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Worst Song

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no song by Will that i dont like, and i can honestly say that BUT my least favourite is "momma knows" but i would still listen to that over any other artist.

I dont see y ppl dont like "i cant stop" it was one of my faves off b2r when i first got it, i guess coz i like latin music, but i must admit the "i cant stop du du du du du du du" is kinda wack, what could he not think of any lyrics 4 that part, it makes me laugh when i hear it tho.

[quote=Hero1,Sep 4 2004, 08:47 AM]daedulus what you been smoking :scared2: and silvertiger..the chorus of i cant stop is "de de de de de" how wack is that? and the beat is extremely repititive[/quote]
Man... he's singing with the music. I don't always want some chorus that has to explain the song. I don't even always want a chorus. Stevie Wonder does the same thing and I love it.

Now I want you to forget about the chorus and just listen to every word he spits, how fast he spits it, and how well it works with the music. I think he did this one better than La Fiesta.

God Blessa!

[quote=djsilvertiger,Sep 4 2004, 10:34 AM][quote=Hero1,Sep 4 2004, 08:47 AM] daedulus what you been smoking  :scared2:  and silvertiger..the chorus of i cant stop is "de de de de de" how wack is that? and the beat is extremely repititive[/quote]
Man... he's singing with the music. I don't always want some chorus that has to explain the song. I don't even always want a chorus. Stevie Wonder does the same thing and I love it.

Now I want you to forget about the chorus and just listen to every word he spits, how fast he spits it, and how well it works with the music. I think he did this one better than La Fiesta.

God Blessa! [/quote]
I agree, that's totally right man! :thumb:

• Members
I Don't think i could really say he made bad songs. I bought every of his albums and everytime i listen to one i'm listening from beginning to end without jumping a track. The lyrics may not be"interesting" for some songs but i only have to imagine Will singing it to have fun. That's why he makes music: to make us have fun. :dj:

Indeed, none of us hate any tracks (Well Jim mite use that word to describe some tracks but we know he doesn't mean it). Its just some are a whole lot better than others.

• Members
i like girls aint nothing but trouble and Nothing's on my mind, and everything in between, and for those who hate latin flavored songs, let me tell you that even if the last two of them were not singles, they rocked everywhere down here from mex to argentina, we latin aight? every corner in summer of '02 was rocking with those acoustic guitar sounds and merengue samples :rock: , peace out.
almost forgot, musically in my opinion the weakest track is My Buddy, and lyrically Da butta in my humble opinion.

Not every song can be a masterpeice. Let's be real. Unless u pull a Michael Jackson and take years 2 make and album, u are gonna have a weaker moment here and there.

It would be very boring if all the songs followed the same formula as the best. "Potnas" is probably my favorite track since he came back on the scene, but if there were like 5 other songs following the same formula on Willennium and Born To Reign, it would cheapen the original and take away from the multi-flava albums he always puts 2gether. Some songs are created for a certain audience. If u didn't like a certain song that much, he waz making it 2 please someone who is in2 something a lil' different.