JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Worst Song

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of those songs are amongst my least favs...but there's still stuff i like about 'em. I like the way FP races the rhyme on "I Can't Stop." I also like the sound efx he puts in his rhymes. I wouldn't call it one of the best songs on the album, but since i saw it performed live b4 i heard the album, i think i view this song in a different light than those who didn't have that benifit. Sometimes i'm actually in the mood 2 hear this song. :roll:

"Maybe" has this poetic kinda approach that i really like. The lazy laidback feel 2 it is kinda nice. Musically it's nothing really great, but i like it 4 what it is.

You guys really, really, REALLY should listen to I Can't Stop a few more times.

When I first heard it I thought it was just an average song.

No, this song is a song. Do yourself a favor, listen to the words, learn basic Spanish and appreciate the song. I love the fast flow and the music of this song.

Anyway, as far as worst songs for me: Da Butta. I didn't like the image it conveyed.

God Blessa!

[quote=Daedalus Mortality,Sep 4 2004, 08:01 AM]Potnas, becouse its not rapping its just screamin that people are his friends, its not a track its more of an interlude with music[/quote]
Are you :nhawong: ?? Potnas is GREAT..!!! One of his best songs in my opion!!

Will has to stop mixing latin vibe and hip hop, these are two different things.I don't like when he screams "I can't stop...." It's bad for real!! Will is THE rapper, not a singer, so i'd like him to rap!! I prefer da butta to I can't stop:da butta sounds hip hop, I can't stop sounds... I don't know what kind of music it is!!

I'm sorry for my english today!! :sad6:

[quote=TooFresh,Sep 4 2004, 06:33 AM]Will has to stop mixing latin vibe and hip hop, these are two different things.I don't like when he screams "I can't stop...." It's bad for real!! Will is THE rapper, not a singer, so i'd like him to rap!! I prefer da butta to I can't stop:da butta sounds hip hop, I can't stop sounds... I don't know what kind of music it is!!

I'm sorry for my english today!! :sad6:[/quote]
:werd: That's what I've been saying the WHOLE time! :bang:

Yeah Miami was real dope, La Fiesta had great lyrics but I Cant Stop just sucks. What the hell was FP thinking. "de de de de de"...Will can't sing. It's just lousy attempts and yelling. Too many "de de de de de" take away from rap time. Will, your black, african-american, stop trying to be all latino, i appreciate and respect you trying new things but stop it with having 1 latin song on each album. :werd: