JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Ferrell & John C. Reilly Release Hip-Hop Video

TopDawg14

I think Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly are some of the most annoying and unfunny people in the biz. I watched the video...the simple hook is the only part that made me smile. But i'll be sending this 2 my friends that like them.

Ferrell unfunny? well, theres an opinnion...

I gotta agree with you Visqo. I don't like all of Ferrell's movies(Elf seems to come to mind) but most of them are hilarious. Old School, Anchorman, Talladega Nights and Wedding Crashers are funny as hell. I do want to see Step Brothers but I'll probably wait for it to come to DVD. The whole Judd Apatow family tree of movies are hilarious.

Apatow produced Anchorman, Talledega Nights and Old School. He's also responsible for The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Knocked Up & my personal favorite right now, Superbad.

Ferrell is funny enough playing an overgrown man child (see 95% of his movies) but lacks sophistication...so a lot of his stuff is really funny, but lacks any depth.

But there's a completely different story with most of Apatow's productions...there's depth and subtlety, and at times unnerving realism mixed in with the hilarity. If you've ever seen an episode of the Apatow directed TV Show "Freaks and Geeks", you will know exactly what I'm talking about...

Btw...Step brothers is quite funny...

Ferrell is funny enough playing an overgrown man child (see 95% of his movies) but lacks sophistication...so a lot of his stuff is really funny, but lacks any depth.

But there's a completely different story with most of Apatow's productions...there's depth and subtlety, and at times unnerving realism mixed in with the hilarity. If you've ever seen an episode of the Apatow directed TV Show "Freaks and Geeks", you will know exactly what I'm talking about...

Btw...Step brothers is quite funny...

You are 100% correct Ash Trey. I also think Will Ferrell needs to be in a comedy with other comedian-type actors. Because he's basically playing the same character(the bumbling idiot guy) you need to have other guys(Vince Vaughn, Steve Carrell, etc.) around him to add any type of substance to the movie.

With Judd Apatow, there is so much social commentary underneath all of the funny stuff when you see an Apatow production. His movies are not crude just for the sake of being crude. They actually have depth and heart in them. That's what made Forgetting Sarah Marshall so funny to me. I don't think I laughed as hard at a comedy before.

Edited by TopDawg14