JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Is the time lag normal?

Schnazz

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. Great board!

It seems that, if the single is released now and the album isn't released till Christmas, a lot of the interest will die down. Is it normal for there to be such a long time between a singles release and the albums release?

Take care

Yeh Welcome dude, i was a lurker on the old board for a while, and after realising that i mite have something interesteing to talk to these peeps about i joined.

This is the only board im actually a member of so wasn't really used to the way boards worked.

• Admin
[quote=KevTastic,Sep 2 2004, 05:07 AM]and after realising that i mite have something interesteing to talk to these peeps about i joined.[/quote]
very true.. everyones different..so if more people who join start posting it only makes things more interesting :peace:

WELCOME 2 DA BOARD!!

Every album is different. Some people drop their single months b4 their album comes out...some only a week or 2. It just depends on how completed the album is and how they plan on marketing.

Tamia dropped her single "Officially Missing You" the summer of 2003, it did well amoungst R-N-B fans, but the album didn't come out until April of 2004. That's a loooooong gap!!

Yeh well let them buy the album after the second single is released then. Whilst we enjoy it before them. I know what you mean tho, it'd sell more copies on release if it came out at the same time as a second single. But it doesn't matter on chart posistions really.