JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

phil nash - summertime 08

ohhh nooo...jeff is finally tryin to replace Will... :damnyou:

haha

Its not a bad effort, but remakes never compare. Its still good as a tribute though.

hmmmm...are my words exactly. I mean, the lyrics, the flow, and the vibe are all good. I just don't think they should have done it over the original instrumental. It should be a brand new beat....even if it waz over the instrumental of one of the 2007 remixes. I actually like it as a song, but it's just not right. FP's lyrics and delivery are better. Why downgrade a classic. At least it's light years ahead of "Brand New Funk 2K." I would bump this in my car for the summertime tho.'

I also don't see a need to remake Summertime, the original sounds way better but it isn't terrible. I agree with AJ that Fresh Prince did a better job with lyrics and delivery, but still with the original beat I doubt anyone could make Summertime sound terrible.

but still with the original beat I doubt anyone could make Summertime sound terrible.

Let's not go 2 far...ha ha. 99.9% of all artists who dropped their 1st album after 1994 shouldn't be caught anywhere near the "Summertime" instrumental. The only way it would be remotely acceptable is if one of them (JJ+FP) let them near it.

but still with the original beat I doubt anyone could make Summertime sound terrible.

Let's not go 2 far...ha ha. 99.9% of all artists who dropped their 1st album after 1994 shouldn't be caught anywhere near the "Summertime" instrumental. The only way it would be remotely acceptable is if one of them (JJ+FP) let them near it.

It looks like Jeff let Phil Nash do this...they just put that "I'm Focused" joint together not to long ago.