JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Batman Star 'Assaulted Mother'

Ale

6:01pm UK, Tuesday July 22, 2008

Batman star Christian Bale has left a London police station after being questioned over claims he assaulted his mother and sister.

His arrest comes just a day after the British actor attended the premiere of his new film, The Dark Knight, in London.

Bale, 34, is alleged to have lashed out at the two family members in his suite at Park Lane's Dorchester Hotel on Sunday.

The star, who plays the Caped Crusader, was quizzed by detectives at a central London police station.

The two women, who live in Dorset, went to a Hampshire police station yesterday to make a formal allegation.

The complaint about the actor was then passed to the Metropolitan Police for further investigation.

A police spokeswoman said: "A 34-year-old man attended a central London police station this morning by appointment.

"He was arrested in connection with an allegation of assault."

Bale had joined Batman co-stars Sir Michael Caine, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Aaron Eckhart at the Odeon West End cinema in Leicester Square last night.

Sky's showbiz correspondent Steve Hargrave interviewed Bale at a London hotel yesterday and later at the premiere.

He said there was nothing in his demeanour to suggest he had been involved in an alleged family row.

Hargrave said: "He (Bale) wasn't the most overtly cheery but he wasn't particularly rude to me when I sat down in the Dorchester to interview him.

"Maybe he sounded a bit abrupt on some answers."

The Dark Knight, which also stars the late Heath Ledger as The Joker, broke box office records when it opened in the US at the weekend.

The 28-year-old, who is tipped for a posthumous Oscar, died from an accidental drugs overdose in January.

Bale, a keen environmental activist and martial arts enthusiast, has also starred in American Psycho, Empire Of The Sun and Batman Begins.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbiz-N...527assault%2527

I read this earlier in the day...weird. If it's true, it makes u wonder if all of his success is messing with his head. I don't really know anything about him. All i've seen him in is Batman Begins and Shaft where he played a racist jerk.

Christian Bale is my favourite actor, I think he's really great. "American Psycho", "3:10 to Yuma", "The Prestige", "The Machinist" (Seriously, It's crazy that he didn't get an oscar for that one, not even a nomination), "Harsh Times" and more... It's not cool if he did it, but righ now all we know is that he "lashed out", now serioulsly that can mean almost anything...

But here are the facts we have...

The incident took place on Sunday at the Dorchester Hotel. Police were not called to the scene. The incident was reported at a police station in Hampshire. It has now been classed as 'minor' common assault, it seems he pushed his mother. Bale exploded at his mom because of "outrageous" things she was saying about him, his wife & kid. He blames her for what happened. He voluntarily went to the police station in Belgravia where he was arrested. He wasn't charged. He is denying that an assault took place. He has been released on bail but has agreed to return in September.

I know I have pushed some people in my life during an argument, and I've never been arrested for it...