JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Vibe Magazine Does Best Rapper Alive Tournament

TopDawg14

Vibe Magazine, in true NCAA Tournament style, has put out a bracket with the "64 Best Rappers Alive."

Personally I think this bracket is garbage because names like KRS-One, Rakim, FP, LL and others aren't on the list. The last time I checked none of them are dead. Anyway, here is a pic of the bracket.

feel free to fill out the bracket if you want. my final four was jay-z, scarface, common & nas with jay-z besting common in a "double overtime" battle.

vibebestrapper.jpg

this is cool as hell. but like you said too bad there isnt krs one and other living legends. not to mention some of the underground greatest. but what can you expect.

some match ups were very hard for me.

lupe vs mos

common vs black thought

andre 3000 vs method man

ice cube vs the game was kinda on the tuff side

----

my final 4 was lupe nas, ludacris ( i dislike luda, but he was best out of that whole bracket IMO), and common

i didnt read on how it will be decided but my final 2 was lupe and nas

cant decide a winner

i feel like depending on what your frame of mind is you can get many different results with this.

like if i wanted to fill it out choosing the rappers that are most original i would get a differnt outcome. or if i picked the most consistant... or the one with me most soul.

so i mean this fill out was my first run through and it was pretty much who i thought deserved it... and it was hard, very hard.

i think im going to print out a bunch of copies and make my friends fill it out. and we could do it wit hthe differnt motives too, like i siad before

Edited by Mike

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

well even thou we would all not think about it but we all know that Wayne has a chance of takin it all but so does Em i wonder if he won this round /goes and checks

never mind final four are Luda, Em, Andre, and Jay-Z even thou the final vote was that Game beat Andre

Edited by Sir T-MO