JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Dark Knight Sets A Record!

TopDawg14

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have finally seen The Dark Knight. It was amazing. The twists, the turns, the suspence, the comical moments, etc...they are all done very well. I like all versions of Batman, and this "as realistic as it gets" style is what can make this franchise last if they stay true 2 it. I don't know why rushed Two-Face in2 movie tho'. Yes, they did it well, but with the way they are making it look is that they aren't gonna make this franchise last very long if they are gonna run thru' the classic villians so soon. One other thing that i wazn't crazy about was how they killed off so many people or things. It just seems like they are going thru' alot of stuff fast. I think the parts of the movie are very unlike the classic comic books are done well also. It didn't bug me that badly since they were done so well very this version of Batman. Just really good stuff. This may be the best superhero movie ever.

The Dark Knight Reaches a Record $314.2M in 10 Days!

Source: Nielsen EDI, Box Office Mojo

July 27, 2008

The ComingSoon.net Box Office Report has been updated with studio estimates for the weekend. Be sure to check back on Monday for the final figures based on actual box office.

Warner Bros. Pictures' The Dark Knight earned an estimated $75.6 million from 4,366 theaters in its second weekend, surpassing Shrek 2's $72.2 million for biggest second weekend ever. Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins follow-up has reached $314.2 million in just 10 days, another record. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest held the previous record in the amount of days it took to cross the $300 million mark - it needed 16 days to do so. On Monday, The Dark Knight will surpass Iron Man and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull to become the biggest movie of 2008 domestically. It is already up to #23 on the all-time domestic blockbuster list and has a good shot at surpassing Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope's $460.998 million (not counting inflation) to become the second-biggest domestic earner of all-time, trailing only Titanic's $600.788 million. The Dark Knight, budgeted at $185 million, stars Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47344

• 1 month later...

Well now it surpased the 500 millions and its the second most grossing box office movie in America just second to Titanic which still holds the record with 600 million dollars domestic..