Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What Are You Listening To? XVIII

Da Brakes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blak Twang - 19 Long Time

Best rapper in the UK and one of the most overlooked IMO.

Dude! We have such similar taste in music! I totally agree! You need to check out 'Mystro'. He collaborated with Twang on Half N Half! Have you got his 19 long time album?

Right now

Macadocious - Don't Hate Me For Being A Dog

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this would have been a great group! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdwpP5Lpi6k

I cant find the 19 long time album anywhere, I got the Rotten Club and Kik Off. When Twangs website gets updated imma see if I can cop 19 from that.

Yeah, Mystro is nuts. His "Who You Gonna Blame" track is one of my favourite UK hip hop tracks. Love "U Live & U Learn" as well. I'm also really feeling Sway, hes doing a great job repping the UK in America. That "Little Derek" track was so annoying though, but for some strange reason I love it, Baby Blue holding it down for the UK females as well.

Macadocious? I remember seeing that episode of Smart Guy and jumping on the PC to see if they we're a real group. Jason Weaver is a very underated artist IMO. Loved his vocals on Chingy - One Call Away.

Listening to; Swat ft Lemar - Saturday Night Hustle

I've been looking for 19 Long Time for the longest of times! I would love to get my album on that album! Mystro is definitely bananas! His word play and rhyme scheme are just on another planet! If you get a chance you should check out his Music Mystro album! Stand out track is 'My Type of Party'. Sway and Baby Blue are cool as well! We actually have some very talented UK representation! They just need to get the exposure they deserve! Have to add Nathan to the list! I think he has put out some amazing songs! 'Come Into My Room', 'Do Without My Love'.

Its so funny coz when I was doing competitions back in the day I was doing them with Nathan and Baby Blue! Now they're blowing it up! Hope to join them one day!

As for Jason Weaver! Definitely underrated! I think he is such a great singer! AJ will back me up on this one! Ever since seeing him in portray a young Michel Jackson in 'The Jacksons: An American Dream' I've been a big fan! Shame real artists don't get recognised as much!

Mystro - Awkward Thief

I've been looking for 19 Long Time for the longest of times! I would love to get my album on that album! Mystro is definitely bananas! His word play and rhyme scheme are just on another planet! If you get a chance you should check out his Music Mystro album! Stand out track is 'My Type of Party'. Sway and Baby Blue are cool as well! We actually have some very talented UK representation! They just need to get the exposure they deserve! Have to add Nathan to the list! I think he has put out some amazing songs! 'Come Into My Room', 'Do Without My Love'.

Its so funny coz when I was doing competitions back in the day I was doing them with Nathan and Baby Blue! Now they're blowing it up! Hope to join them one day!

As for Jason Weaver! Definitely underrated! I think he is such a great singer! AJ will back me up on this one! Ever since seeing him in portray a young Michel Jackson in 'The Jacksons: An American Dream' I've been a big fan! Shame real artists don't get recognised as much!

Mystro - Awkward Thief

Whenever I talk about Jason Weaver is always think of I Just Cant Wait to Be King from the Lion King. Class.

Yes bruv, I made a thread about Nathan here I think. I honestly believe Do Without My Love would have been a world wide smash if it had been made by anyone else who is known more globally. His vocals on that song were sick. In my opinion he's heaps better than most R n B artists gracing the charts these days. Hope he blows up big because he deserves to. Same with Jason Weaver.

We def have the talent in the UK, just need that exposure like Slick Rick got back in the day. It just shows the UK isnt exempt from how hip hop audiences seem to favour the wack. I mean guys like Dizzee are cool and everything, but I wouldn't put the in the same breath as Twang ability wise. It is frustrating when there are emcees out there dropping positivity, like yourself, who struggle to get the proper exposure. But thats who I have more respect for, staying true to who you are whether a deal comes or not.

BTW bro, I just searched for 19 Long Time and got a download, I'll hook you up with a link in a second. Still gonnna be searching for a physical copy though.

@ Turn: I'm not really a fan of Wiley, a bit to grimey for me.

Listening to; Blak Twang - Red Letters

Method Man feat. Redman "Mrs. International"

http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/multimedi...4/21322614.aspx

This new one they did here got me hyped for the summer to come, nice laid back joint!!

FRESH PRINCE - Wave 'Em Off

Lost + Found (2005)

I popped L+F in for the 1st time in a looooooong time. For some reason this joint grabbed me more than ever.

BigTed, thanx for sharing that!!! It's dope!! One of the best songs i've heard in the past few years. This makes me feel like none of the popular rap songs of the past 10 years existed. REAL HIP-HOP!!