JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Hellboy II 86% on rotten tomatoes

Hero1

• Admin

This is the movie of the summer.. Del Toro = Genius :wickedwisdom: :wickedwisdom: :wickedwisdom:

http://rottentomatoes.com/m/hellboy_2_the_golden_army/

One of the most purely enjoyable--not to mention dazzling--comic book blockbusters to come along this summer

Hellboy II doesn’t have much on its mind, but few will care, since del Toro and his stellar Pan’s Labyrinth team, including Oscar-winning cinematographer Guillermo Navarro, stage one virtuoso set piece after another.

Words don't really do justice in attempting to describe the wondrous array of misfits and monsters Guillermo del Toro has concocted in Hellboy II: The Golden Army.

del Toro] has an endlessly inventive imagination, and understands how legends work, why they entertain us and that they sometimes stand for something. For love, for example.

ya, idk but i have no interest to see it, or the previous one. now i'm personally split on dark knight, mainly because i feel them switching marketing to ledger after his death is somewhat opportunistic. I also wanted Katie Holmes in it, and she isn't (I don't care if it was her who turned the part down).

One day I hope to see a Will Smith movie next to those numbers.

Del Toro is a great director, but how about Nolan ? The man is slowly but surely becoming a masterpiece of a director. Memento, Insomnia, Batman series The prestige...and he barely made a couple of movies. I hope that Nolan or Del Toro ends up directing a Will Smith movie eventually.

• Admin

One day I hope to see a Will Smith movie next to those numbers.

Del Toro is a great director, but how about Nolan ? The man is slowly but surely becoming a masterpiece of a director. Memento, Insomnia, Batman series The prestige...and he barely made a couple of movies. I hope that Nolan or Del Toro ends up directing a Will Smith movie eventually.

Memento was genius :wickedwisdom: :wickedwisdom: Nolan and Del Toro are prob my 2 fav directors at the moment

Will I see this hell yeah! ... but movie of the summer, it's got a long way to go to reach 'Tropic Thunder' personally

Well, only 2 millions more than Hancock in its first weekend.. A weak one for movie goers though.. Guess it wasnt the movie of the summer after all...

Well, only 2 millions more than Hancock in its first weekend.. A weak one for movie goers though.. Guess it wasnt the movie of the summer after all...

It's still pretty good... It doesn't have any big hollywood actors like Hancock. And without the actors, hancock prob. wouldn't even make it to the top ten list of summer movies. But still, I dont 't really care for Hellboy II, I thought the first one was ok, but I'll save my money so I can watch the dark knight a few times more... Now that's gonna be the summer movie of 2008, if not THE movie of 2008. I'll prob. rent Hellboy II on DVD when it comes out.

Edited by viber_91