JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"SUMMERTIME" IN WAL-MART COMMERCIAL

This isn't any news 2 be shouting about...but i just thought i'd share. It's 1 in the morning and i'm watching some Tatyana Ali movie about a salon and during a commerical break, the "Summertime" instrumental comes on. Strange as i found it, it was a Wal-Mart commercial with alot of bar-b-q/picnic footage. For a really short bit they even have FP's vocals playing.

Yeah, Jive got paid...why would they start paying JJ+FP tho.' They barely did it when they were on the label...why start now?? I must say that it's kinda akward 2 hear the song on a Wal-Mart commercial tho'...just feels weird.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Maybe the commercial THIS year is... Are u suggesting that someone who has called "Summertime" his favorite song since 1991 is mistaking whether the commercial is playing the JJ+FP classic?

• 1 month later...

Maybe the commercial THIS year is... Are u suggesting that someone who has called "Summertime" his favorite song since 1991 is mistaking whether the commercial is playing the JJ+FP classic?

Yes you are mistaken that song is nowhere close to sounding like the classic summertime song by will smith and jazzy jeff.

• 2 years later...