JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith on Radio 1

Ale

Great interview and great questions. I got the impression that Will is going to make at least 1 more album.

He said that he's going to focus on movies for 4-5 years, and asked about music or acting, if it wasn't for the money he'd pick music over acting. The girl said something like maybe over 4-5 years or something and Will replied, yeah in a couple years I can do the music.

I never knew Jeff was a candy man lol, now we know his secret.

Tom Cruise is former heartthrob actor of average talent who used 2 be way overrated. But lots of people just don't like him anymore. He comes off as this incredibly akward, over the top, annoying know it all in his interviews these days. He's been on a downward spiral for awhile and the whole Scientology thing...

I'd like FP 2 seperate from him personally...but who am i 2 judge?

cool interview, he killed me with the perfect weekend.....but does Will seriously think a film with Tom Cruise is a smart move?

Why not? Both are great actors in my opinion.

must I state the obvious?

Well I don't think Will should be worried about what people think about Tom. Like it or not, Cruise has made some pretty good movies and Will just said that he'd like to work with him. I can't see why working with Tom Cruise in a movie should be a problem. From my point of view, people should know the difference between a job and personal life.

Edited by Ale

cool interview, he killed me with the perfect weekend.....but does Will seriously think a film with Tom Cruise is a smart move?

Why not? Both are great actors in my opinion.

must I state the obvious?

Well I don't think Will should be worried about what people think about Tom. Like it or not, Cruise has made some pretty good movies and Will just said that he'd like to work with him. I can't see why working with Tom Cruise in a movie should be a problem. From my point of view, people should know the difference between a job and personal life.

I don't think Ash disagrees with you, but she's talking from the POV of the general public, which wether we like it or not, will have some impact and controversy about it. We're living in a society where people believe what they want to believe and the slightest rumor about controversy will circulate by word of mouth and before we all know it's acknowledged as fact when it's not. I'm actually not that mad at the people, they are the way they are, same with the media. Hungry about some negative gossips about celebrities, but I hate it when Will goes and hires Scientology teachers for his school...you can't expect the media to pass on this when you supply them with the fuel they need. I said this before, Will is just too nice of a guy, sometimes too nice. I don't think he's particularly bright about these things though, he needs to make some smarter decisions about his career and things that may affect it negatively. That's all.

Well AJ, and Typhoon pretty much summed up what I was thinking.

Would it be great for their friendship? probably. But business wise? probably not so much. I really don't see Tom Cruise as a "powerful" actor anymore to be honest, his career has been on a steady decline for years now, is that to say it'll stay that way? maybe not. But it's extremely obvious that his behavior and personal life have affected his career, and I can't even blame it on his beliefs b/c there are lots of celebs who are Scientologists whose careers are doing just fine, and he's been one for years, even when he was at the height of his career. There's already tons of people who say they won't support Will's films b/c they think he's a Scientologist, or b/c of Cruise or whatever (which doesn't make sense to me, but that's another rant all together) and no I don't think he should live his life a certain way just b/c of public opinion. I also think Will's only getting a certain view of Scientology (obviously) so maybe he doesn't see the so called "evils" of it or whatever.

And as a fan of Will I'd support his films but honestly these past two years he's been promoting movies that have nothing what-so-ever to do with Tom Cruise, yet I have to sit back and listen to him gush about another grown ass man? c'mon now. (Lord help me when Seven Pounds comes out) I'm not sure a film with them both is something I'd be rushing out to see. Ty I also think Will's too nice sometimes, it's almost like somebody's trying to revive Tom's image through his friends, convince us he's not a bad guy( and for the record I don't think he is) I'm just kinda tired of him.

*end rant*...well semi-rant.