JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Original Script for 'Hancock' Leaks Online

Ale

I can see why they did some re-writes. I love Superman, Batman, Spiderman, but Hancock to me sounds like the perfect superhero, because of his complex and real character. And Will makes a terrific superhero. IMO the best superhero performance because it's so authentic and powerful. He really has that superhero feel to it.

I hope that there's a sequel or prequel, but without Berg. I hope they hand it out to either Del Toro or Nolan.

Do you think they'll release an unrated version, or a directors cut of this? Because just reading that article, and the comments there, it sounds like a lot of stuff was cut out just to get the PG13 rating...

Or maybe I'm misreading and everything was changed pre-production...Just Script changes before filming started?

Edited by Vipa

The more I'm reading this the more I'm happy they went with the PG13 and did all those re-writes, my god, this script is HORRIBLE.

Look at this line: ''Her thin cotton dress clings to a body still robust with energy, to breasts so full they could pop a boner in your dead uncle."

And there are plenty of more sick lines like that, the guy comes over as a perv, disgusting.

Do you think they'll release an unrated version, or a directors cut of this? Because just reading that article, and the comments there, it sounds like a lot of stuff was cut out just to get the PG13 rating...

Or maybe I'm misreading and everything was changed pre-production...Just Script changes before filming started?

The original cut of the movie was about 120 min, and with the 92 min movie we have today, a lot of stuff was cut out to give it a PG-13 rating.

The more I'm reading this the more I'm happy they went with the PG13 and did all those re-writes, my god, this script is HORRIBLE.

Look at this line: ''Her thin cotton dress clings to a body still robust with energy, to breasts so full they could pop a boner in your dead uncle."

And there are plenty of more sick lines like that, the guy comes over as a perv, disgusting.

Well, remember one thing: This would be a movie, and I think the script was great. It's a shame they did all the re-writes to make it another movie really... If Will would have done this movie, it prob. would have been a great movie, with darkness and drama, and Will would prob. finally make a movie that will be rememberd by people. Cause the movies he's done so far, not many will remember after 50 years... Seriously, he's not gonna be rememberd by people as an great actor, caus he hasn't done a single great movie... I got to see a pree-screning of Hancock here in Sweden, and I have to say that I was dissapointed... I think it's a shame that they wrote in so much and took the originallety out of the story, sure an ass hole superhero, we have never seen that before... But all the other stuff was pure holywood blockbuster sh*t. I think that Will needs to stop thinking about the money and "Would people wanna see that in a movietheatre?", and do stuff he likes. And if this is what he likes, fine, but he should not be talking about how he feels the movies he's doing now are something special... If this movie would have been a "low budget", and I mean like 75 million or less, they could have given us the R-rated movie, and prob. given us what this was intended to be. Now we saw two good movies (the first and second half), that were cut down to give us an PG-13 rating and we ended up with a mediocre 1 1/2 hour movie.

Ok, I did infact enjoy Hancock quite a bit, but it was still not a great movie. great acting, great directing, sure. But it didn't have that dark and edgy feel that the first writers wanted to give it, something new. This movie didn't have anything new... When i think about it, I'm quite pissed that Will did this movie, It would be great if they just gave the script so someone that had the guts to do it. Not totally take a dump on the original writers.

I hope that Seven Pounds or Empire (I really have high hopes for Empire. Great director, great writer and hopefully a great cast, Seven pounds has Will, and Woody, two good/great actors in my eyes, but the director... I thought that Will did a great job in POH, but the directing was not great, it was ok...) could be the kindof movies he's allways talking about he's gonna make in the next 5 years or so, but something's telling me I'm in for another disappointment...

Edited by viber_91