JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

$600 MILLION FOR HANCOCK

TopDawg14

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't really deserve all that money... Will is one of the few actors that can make a movie with more bad reviews than good, and still have it take in a ton of cash... but I'll see it again this thursday and hope that I'll like it more this time...

It doesn't really deserve all that money... Will is one of the few actors that can make a movie with more bad reviews than good, and still have it take in a ton of cash... but I'll see it again this thursday and hope that I'll like it more this time...

It is what it is... I think that it's so easy now for word of mouth to spread that reviews don't have the authority they once had. Hancock recieved horrible reviews, but most people who saw it liked it. At the end of the day, if your friend tells you that it's a good movie and worth seeing in theaters, that probably holds more credibility than most reviews. I think that's what has helped the movie do so well.

The box office weekend actuals are out and Hancock still finished #2 with $32 million over the weekend with Hellboy II finishing with $34.5 million. It still finished #1 on Saturday and has officially brought in $164.1 million in 2 weeks. With The Dark Knight possibly poised to break box-office records this weekend, Hancock will surely suffer from it.

Look for Hancock to make $5-10 million between Monday & Thursday and finish around $200 million. The overseas numbers look particularly promising having pulled in $179.8 million while still having a few more countries to open in. It's not out of the realm of possibility for it to finish above $300 million overseas and end up with $500 million worldwide.

The thing that critics & analysts didn't count on was the better-than-expected word of mouth. While critics dogged Hancock(37% rating at RT), the people thought otherwise. Ultimately what it shows is that Will Smith can sell a movie regardless of buzz.

Domestic: $164.1 million

Overseas: $179.8 million

Worldwide: $343.9 million

With all due respect...anyone who would say this movie is a flop isn't right. Maybe if they put out a better movie, it would be going stronger, but this movie is no flop. I don't even like it that much and i'm defending it. I guess when u compare it 2 his others, it's numbers are less than impressive, but the movie is doing fine for the kind of movie that it is.

I guess when u compare it 2 his others, it's numbers are less than impressive, but the movie is doing fine for the kind of movie that it is.

Number wise in comparison to WS's other movies Hancock achieved...

6th highest selling movie after just 13 days... and counting

Second highest opening

Fastest to 100m domestically

Biggest July 4th Weekend Opening

+ it has the potential to become his second highest selling movie.

I fail to see the problem you guys are having with the numbers Hancock is putting up.

Back At #1

Hancock re-entered the #1 spot on Monday with $3.8 million. The movie has now grossed $167.9 million in the U.S. Look for Hancock to cross the $175 million mark by the end of the week and for it to finish a little over $200 million.

Back At #1

Hancock re-entered the #1 spot on Monday with $3.8 million. The movie has now grossed $167.9 million in the U.S. Look for Hancock to cross the $175 million mark by the end of the week and for it to finish a little over $200 million.

Lol, sux for Hellboy...