JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

So what did everyone think of Hancock?

Jazzy Julie

The movie finally came out yesterday and I went to see it with my parents and brother. WE all liked it a lot!! It's not Will's best movie but I loved it and I think it was because with I am legend I expected something different and after watching it the 1st time I was bit dissapointed (I liked it but the 2nd time I liked it much more 'coz I already knew what kind of movie was)and with Hancock I was expecting something really worse so it surprised me for good. And even is not my fav Will's movie is one of them!

Personally I like that change from comedy to drama. Sometimes too many jokes if the movie isn't good made can be annoying and not funny and I don't have any problem with movies that start being different of how they end(I know lot of people don't like that)But I'm still waiting to see how the movie was originally...the very next end could be better. I have to say that spanish critics are being good, more than with I am legend.

The theater was full, 90% of the tickets sold while I was doing the line to get mine were for Hancock and people seemed to really enjoy the movie.

Just an advise for next movies for those who say they knew all the jokes from the clips and trailers ...DON't WATCH THem ALL!!!!!!! :lolsign: I used to have that problem but now I only see the 1st trailer and try not to see or read more about the plot. It really ruins movies 'coz when u go to see the movie already know what is going to happen.

And now I'm going to read all your opinions about the movie that I've tried not to read before hehe

Edited by Sandy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw the movie yesterday. Will's worst movie since Men In Black II, which means I, Robot is even better IMO. I'm not saying Hancock sucks. It's just that the way they wanted to tell us the story is disappointing. Funny and entertaining, of course, but disappointing.

Personally, I think they tried to tell two different stories in 92 minutes, which clearly is not good for the movie. Two stories COMPLETELY different. If the movie had ended after the bank scene it would have been the shortest movie ever, true, but it would have been a masterpiece. The way Hancock changes his personality thanks to Ray's help and becomes a nice superhero is the best of the movie. Laughs, action and a happy ending. They could have made that a bit longer and they would have a decent/good superhero movie. But they had to complicate it with unnecessary stuff that made the movie darker and totally different from the first half. Some things can't be mixed like that. It seemed like they had a lot of ideas and they wanted to use them all. I also think they could have developed Hancock's love story with Mary a little more, but instead of that it all happens pretty fast.

Apart from that, I'm sure it could have been a lot better if they hadn't tried to get the PG-13 rating. What could have been a great movie is just a good movie in its first half and a very bad movie in its second half. I know many people will disagree but it's what I think.

Will's performance is outstanding. If it wasn't for him, this movie would be nothing. He's an actor so talented that has the ability to make people laugh and cry

(the hospital scene is incredible)

. Performances like this are the reason why he is the biggest star in the world.

Edited by Ale

I went to see the movie again and I disliked it even more. When you see a movie for the second time you notice things that you can't see the first time.

I still think Hancock should have had a better second half. Hancock's love story with Mary isn't believable. There's no chemistry at all between Will and Charlize (I'm talking about their love story, not about their performances). And the twist scene is all but necessary.

Now the worst part: the villain. I mean, the no villain. If they wanted us to think that the bad guy could face Hancock again (let's remember Hancock had chopped his hand off before) then they had to be joking. He's not the real villain that this movie needs. I'm sure this movie would have been much better if Charlize's character was the villain. It would have made the movie more interesting and Hancock would have had a decent enemy to fight with.

All this makes me forget the funny moments that we live in the first half of the movie which make it enjoyable for some minutes.

:shakehead:

I saw the movie a fourth time two days ago... The first time, I thought it was ok, just ok, but not even close to other movies this summer... The second time I liked the movie a, thought it was a good comedy and a good drama, and i thought the last 10-15 mins was great. The third time I just thought it was ok again, the fourth time I really hated it.

After Ray finds out about the "twist", the scene after that, when Ray, Mary and Hancock are in the house has some of the worst dialouge I've ever heard in a movie, just horrible. And as I said before, ther'e really is no "love story", first of all, no chemistry between Will and Charlize like Ale said. second, it's summed up with about 3 minutes of Mary just talking in the hospital...

In the Tonight He Comes script you got to know the characters, you felt sorry for Hancock, you felt sorry for "Ray" who was trying to fix his marrige, you felt sorry for "Mary". The script had a good story, and good character development. But the movie just doesn't... It tries to be a deep drama, but fails thanx to the short 90 mins. I really think that It should have been 2 movies... It's a little bit better than Wild Wild West, but I'd rather watch Shark Tale again...

Edited by viber_91

• 4 weeks later...

Finally I watched this movie, too! Together with my girlfriend and I gotta say I'm surprised!

I neva expected that movie to be that great! It's really cool, exciting, funny - everything what ur lookin' for in a Will Smith movie.

Only the end comes up too fast to me, I mean it could be a lil' longer. The movie is cool and all but nothing really much happens in there, like some opponents or somethin' like that. He doesn't really have an opponent what I expected at first. Then at first, when I saw the woman who had those powers like Hancock, either, I thought that's the opponent, she's evil or somethin'. But unfortunately she wasn't. Ok, there were those few guys who really made livin' hard for Hancock towards the end of the movie, they shot him with pistols and guns and stuff but come on, the end really could've been alot better!

All in all the movie was really great, as I said I really didn't expect it to be that good, so it was cool!

• 2 months later...

i saw it two weeks ago... very bad in my opinion.. i mean i didnt like how he turned all good. so that was just like ehhhh.

then the twist with the

love story

!? no way, im sorry. really lame and didnt make sense.

if the first bit where he is an ass was a majority of the movie, it would be very good. thats what the trailer promised and it didnt deliver.

• 2 weeks later...

i saw it two weeks ago... very bad in my opinion.. i mean i didnt like how he turned all good. so that was just like ehhhh.

then the twist with the

love story

!? no way, im sorry. really lame and didnt make sense.

if the first bit where he is an ass was a majority of the movie, it would be very good. thats what the trailer promised and it didnt deliver.

Well, I have to say what sense does it make when he's bad all the time? He has to turn nice one day...