JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

So what did everyone think of Hancock?

Jazzy Julie

• Members

For all for Will Lovers and Movie Goers out there who haven't seen this drama/action thiller well get ready for a non-forgettable cinematic phenomena. Since I live in Miami, Florida when Hancock said he was from miami ( Flager ) everyone started cheering and screaming for like 5 whole seconds, I couldn't even hear what he was saying. For all those people who want to get home so quick as possible put your butt back into that chair cause there is an extra clip that's pretty funny. The first have is mostly humor and a bit of action and the rest is drama and action. I saw this for my birthday :Party_fest09: . I love the triwst and it's so unpredictable that no one in the world could figure it out before and lucky for you i'm keeping my mouth shut. I love how he starts turning into a better person. :sorry: if I said too much. Stop saying bad things about it, it is a good movie. :respect: IT :interesting: :2thumbs: :wickedwisdom: :yeah: :woowoo: :hail:

WE ALL LOVE WILL

Edited by wealllovewill

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just came back from seeing it, and I have to say, it was pretty good. I liked the humor, the action, and the drama. Also, about 5 minutes into the film, I forgot it was Will until I walked out of the theater. It was weird, but he did such a great job being Hancock... the attitude is something that is exceedingly alien to who Will Smith is and the kinds of roles he's taken before, and he pulls it off very well.

I do think the story could have been a little better... not that it needed a drastic change, but they could have flushed it out more.

Overall, I'd give it an 8/10.

• Members

Hi everyone,

First reply here! :wickedwisdom:

I'm French and a long time JJFP fan. It's also been a long time since I read all the topics on this great forum.

I haven't seen Hancock yet because in France it opens next wednesday... Can't wait!

I gotta say I'm quite surprised that the movie is getting pretty bad reviews in USA and on rottentomatoes...

Let me tell you, in France, the press loves the film! I haven't seen one bad review yet.

They all agree that the movie is far from perfect but they also think that it's a very original piece, funny at times, more serious at other but all in all, it makes a great, unusual package.

Finally, they all salute Will for that risky and great move on a superhero blockbuster film, and that this risk he's taken make the movie all the more enjoyable...

I guess I'll see it for myself on wednesday! I'm sure I'll love it.

Just wanted to let U know that Will is adored in France!

WILL POWER :wickedwisdom:

what can i say? i guess the german dubbing ruined the movie. nevertheless i still liked it, but i missed the typical Will Smith humor in that movie. I'd say 7/10.

and btw, his skills as an actor have improved a lot! he's getting better and better and he should finally win that damn oscar, to settle back to music.

• Members

I LOVED it! The first half an hour was some of the funniest stuff ive seen in ages, the whole cinema was laughing. What makes it funnier is that Will the nice guy is saying these horrible things. Then theres the twist and it turns into a good story line. I guess it is sort of like "i am legend" the way the movie suddenly changes, but they couldnt just have a whole film of one line jokes.

Anyway i wont say anymore so i dont spoil it, my friends liked it, the cinema was packed and laughing, i think its gonna do really well.

Oh word of warning dont walk straight away at the end, stay sat down.

Hi everyone,

First reply here! :wickedwisdom:

I'm French and a long time JJFP fan. It's also been a long time since I read all the topics on this great forum.

I haven't seen Hancock yet because in France it opens next wednesday... Can't wait!

I gotta say I'm quite surprised that the movie is getting pretty bad reviews in USA and on rottentomatoes...

Let me tell you, in France, the press loves the film! I haven't seen one bad review yet.

They all agree that the movie is far from perfect but they also think that it's a very original piece, funny at times, more serious at other but all in all, it makes a great, unusual package.

Finally, they all salute Will for that risky and great move on a superhero blockbuster film, and that this risk he's taken make the movie all the more enjoyable...

I guess I'll see it for myself on wednesday! I'm sure I'll love it.

Just wanted to let U know that Will is adored in France!

WILL POWER :wickedwisdom:

We are happy to see you join us. Wow. France. Welcome to the board!!!! :thumbsup: make sure you vote for Will's potna, KeL Spencer who is up for an UMA for Best Lyricist of the Year! there is a topic with the link. again welcome..

xo,

cookie

• Members

We are happy to see you join us. Wow. France. Welcome to the board!!!! :thumbsup: make sure you vote for Will's potna, KeL Spencer who is up for an UMA for Best Lyricist of the Year! there is a topic with the link. again welcome..

xo,

cookie

Thank you guys for the nice messages! :signthankspin:

Don't worry Cookie, I've already voted for Kel Spencer as best lyricist! :thumbsup:

I'll also let U know what I thought about Hancock when the movie opens in France that means tomorrow!! :wickedwisdom:

• Members

xo,

cookie

Don't worry Cookie, I've already voted for Kel Spencer as best lyricist! :thumbsup:

I'll also let U know what I thought about Hancock when the movie opens in France that means tomorrow!! :wickedwisdom:

Hey,

I've seen the movie like 3 days ago, and i was very surprised. I liked it a lot, more than I had expected.

Both the action and the comedy were great. Especially the action in the second half was all of a sudden :thumbsup:

xo,

cookie

ok... I hope u really enjoy Hancock as much as I did. it was BOMB!!!!!! and vote everyday for KS,... its an ongoing thing. one vote means alot, and voting everyday can make the difference in him receiving the award...

cookie

• Members

So I just got back from the theater and... I'm a little bit frustrated!

Overall, I enjoyed a lot this movie, loved the concept, Will's great, very good ideas, great jokes.

But I'm feeling frustrated because I think the whole end of the movie was not as good as the first hour.

All in all, it's great entertainment, far above average, and I had a great time watching it but I got a feeling that if the end would have been written differently, this movie would have gone classic..

7/10

Cookie : I keep votin for Kel each and everyday :thumbsup:

• Admin

I enjoyed the second half of the movie more than the first. I'm waiting for the directors cut because theres 30 minutes of drama missing from this version of the movie. I would have liked to know more about Will and Charlize's characters and backstory.