JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Hancock 2?

Ale

Hancock hits theaters this weekend and even though it’s getting the kind of bad reviews critics usually reserve for M. Night Shyamalan movies, unlike The Happening it’s sure to be a huge box office success. It’s Will Smith, July 4th weekend, and superheroes. Everyone who sees it may hate themselves in the morning, but everyone will see it.

So maybe it’s no surprise to learn that there are already plans for a sequel. One of our most reliable, secret sources dropped me an email this morning to clue us in on Sony’s plans for a followup. Whether those plans get put into motion depends of course, on how much Hancock actually makes, but behind the scenes things are already in motion for Hancock 2. There’s one big thing in the way though, and it’s not how much the current movie sucks. It’s that Will Smith knows it sucks, and may not want in on the second one.

Our source says that Will Smith does not like the finished, first film and the only way he’ll agree to do a second one is if they throw out everything from the first, give it a complete makeover, and hand over more control to him. Normally I get a little jumpy whenever Will Smith starts interfering in the filmmaking, we don’t need another I, Robot, but in this case… it can’t possibly be any worse. It’s nice to know that if they do foist a sequel on us, there’s a chance that they’ll fix at least some of the really weird problems with the first one.

For now, it's all rumor. Our source is a good one, but these things have a way of changing fast. Sony's plans are in motion, and we'll see where Hancock's box office this weekend takes them.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Hancock-2-Planned-9373.html

They say they are doing a sequel 2 every Will Smith movie. They are always working on the next one the week that the current one comes out. I doubt it'll happen. The idea of Hancock should make sense, but after seeing it, there's really no reason 2. And hearing that FP isn't happy with the movie makes me happy since i can't say i love it. Keep in mind he also ran the oppisite way when the Independence Day sequel was presented 2 him. ID4 was a great movie but had zero reason 2 have a sequel. Hancock just isn't that great of a movie. U can't fix an average movie with a sequel. The damage is already done. Why return to shaky ground 2 breathe life in 2 something that should have been done right in the 1st place? It's like double the work for a project that probably will not do anything that impressive that's way 2 much of a risk.

It just shows how stupid some movie fans are and how money hungry movie execs are...is it so wrong 2 actually wait and see what a movie does before talking about the sequel!? "The 1st movie isn't even out yet but lets get busy on the 2nd..."....that's just stupid. The Superman and Back To The Future movies were taking big chances when they were shooting the 1st and 2nd one at the same time. Hancock is alright...but he's no Superman.

he can do a part 2 of it, this time with villains, more powers, more action and comedy, and a not interracial love story would be great!

I'm sure that was a joke...

It was a joke right!? It has to be...

*EDIT:

And I really didn't see a love story at all, just some arguing between Will and Charlize and then the 10 min talk at the hospital, but love story? That's not a love story if you ask me. Feels like they could do a whole other movie with all the stuff that was cut out, think about it... We didn't see will on top of that building like in the trailer, and in the first cut there was like 10 min of Hancock trying to kill himself, + the sex scene and a lot of stuff with "Red" or whatever his name was, the villain...

And It was really weird when Hancock said "Sisters don't kiss brothers the way you did last night" or something like that, they didn't even kiss in the movie!!

Seriously, the love story was gone, the dark theme was gone, the edgy humor was gone... Almost nothing that made the original script so great, new and fresh was there, except Hancock, or yeah... His name and the fact that he's a superhero...

Edited by viber_91

People it IS a joke! Next time Ill put it between "" or something so that u dont get alarmed by it.. The thing that is not a joke is that the worst part of the movie is actually the plot between they two, at least when it starts and u dont understand whats going on..

Honestly Hancock is about as good as Superman Returns, IMO.

A solid 8/10. Good, but neither are great, difference is Hancock deserves a sequel. PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE CHARACTER AND HIS ORIGIN!!!!

Superman Returns was a horrible movies... Don't diss Hancock like that man, lol.