JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Game's new album may be his best

The Game, his baby mama, Cool & Dre, and what had to be all of Compton, gathered at Santa Monica’s Thom Thom Club yesterday for a preview of his third studio release LAX, which is now pushed back to an August 28 release date.

With secret service-like security manning the entry, anyone blessed to wander beyond the velvet ropes joined a party that played out like a 1996 backyard-boogie. Plastic cups and dodie smoke filled the room. Black Wall Street soldiers rocked their BWS t-shirts and crowding around the stage in anticipation and reverence of one Jaceyon “The Game” Taylor, who by track one, was on his third Cadillac Margarita speaking reckless yet compassionate at the same time.

“They take this album and put it on the Internet next to Young Buck, niggas cry,” Game said, as he started the intro; a prayer by DMX. “He embraced me, and didn’t know me from Adam, I asked him to do a prayer for me because I need prayer sometimes.”

DMX spits a sincere prayer closing it out repeating, “devil, we rebuke you in the name of Jesus.” From there, one might argue, that indeed prayer does work.

Well thought-out guest appearances from Ice Cube, Lil Wayne and Raquan season the album and classic production by Kanye West and Cool & Dre complete the recipe for a timeless piece of work. Lyrically, showing bipolarity and suicidal thoughts sum up to genius for Game on LAX.

“State of Emergency” featuring Ice Cube, takes the 1995 hit “Ghetto Bird” beat and brilliantly brings life back into a West Coast classic. Showing more love to his hometown on “California Sunshine” featuring Bilal, Game spits; “We can’t find Biggies killer/so we gave Puff a star.”

With the SoundScan buzz in the air, Game explained why he’d chosen Weezy for the superior Cool & Dre produced track “Red Magic.” “The nigga sold a million on his first week out,” Game laughed. “Fa sho I went to get that nigga on my album.” This is by far one of the hottest sets. Heavy bass and that signature Cool & Dre melody, Game uses his full-grown lyricism spitting, “If they get money/we will paper chase them.”

Others featured on the album are Ludacris on “Ya Heard” and Common on the Kanye produced “Angel”, where Game took a minute to dance with his grandmother on stage. The two collaborations show more than growth, the production and lyrics leave promise for an expanded audience outside of the hard-core enthusiasts.

Keeping it current Game says he’s the new Suge Knight, minus the KO on the track “Nice”. He made “Gentleman’s Affair” featuring Neyo for the ladies. “When Ne-Yo come on you gotta go freak yo bitch,” Game said and he pushed his way through the crowd to VIP to dance with his girl.

Controversy, check, hot production, check, but most of all, LAX has quality and is a far more superior listen than the prior two multi-platinum albums under the Game’s belt. It’s just too bad the album has been pushed back once again. LAX does not need another delay.

Source: Vibe

Also check out Game's new single Dope Boyz!!!

The Game - Dope Boys (ft. Travis Barker)

I really cannot wait for this album now, but it's been delayed till August 22nd :shakehead:

i reckon it's gonna be better than Drs Advocate at least

Edited by The Definition

Im not... Im not really a fan of Game music, except from a couople of songs like Dreams and the This is how we do Remix with Tupac and Easy E

Damn, I sound like the biggest hypocrit (remember when I said Does anyone really care about the Game? LOL) in the world but I'll admit, I'm starting to get into the Game. Some of my friends love the Game and been playing alot of stuff for me when we're just hanging out and what not. Not gonna lie, I cant stop listening to "Pain." I love it.

The first verse

And thats some real ****

blaze the philly its summertime, shoutout to Will Smith

cause who didnt wanna be the Fresh Prince?

Flat top, gold chain and some fresh kicks

Its such a great song I just wonder why I'm not hearing it on radio since there is a video for it.

I also heard Dope Boyz yesterday and that song is hot too! He complete bites Jay-Z's "Roc Boys" but it works! I've always liked "Dreams" and "Hate It or Love It" and I'm starting to feel him more and more.

I put the Doctors Advocate over the Documentary. It felt more geniune. The Documentary felt like a balancing act between West Coast and 50 cent.

I'm excited for LAX.

:yeahthat: I think Game keeps getting better and better

Kinda looking forward to his next album, songs like Dreams, 300 bars and running and that Nas collab make me think that he could actually have made a classic album if given the right direction, his past two albums had too many filler tracks...And i really like hate it or love it, even 50 cent is good on it...

Ok, this is the first time i hear pain, and is real good! i hate u Game, lol

Honestly, Pain is one of the the only songs of the Game I have actually liked.

I gotta give him props for Pain, it has a dope classic sound to it.

Hey y'all check out the "Pain" remix feat. Keyshia Cole, Jadakiss, Bun B, Pusha T, Fat Joe, Young Buck, and Queen Latifah, figure I put it here instead of starting a new thread:

http://allhiphop.com/stories/multimedia__m...2/20250325.aspx