JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will puts music on hold

I am a true supporter, a Potnas for a reason. Proved myself for many years. So does that mean i don't warrant an opinion on why i would rather support him doing music?

:yeahthat: lets not start a "whos the biggest fan" competition, just bcoz people have different opinions.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:yeahthat: lets not start a "whos the biggest fan" competition, just bcoz people have different opinions.

I agree. We're all members of this forum for a reason. We love JJFP. I can understand some members' frustrations about Will not doing music I just don't happen to share in those frustrations. I like Ashley's approach to it. Just wait and see what he does. After all, Will turns 40 this year and the music business is crap right now. I think he should do music when he really, truly feels called to do it. Even if that means we get just 1 more album I'll take it because I'd rather hear a great album(like L&F) every few years as opposed to hearing certain rappers(Lil' Wayne, 50, etc.) constantly put out trash every year.

• Admin

There is no way I'd say Will is a better actor than a rapper. No one else makes music like Will and Jeff. They are truly original. As far as Will's acting all Will has proven is that he can become someone else (6 degrees, Ali, Pursuit). That doesn't make you a great actor. A great actor can be someone in one moment and completely turn it off in the next. Through years of studying the craft. What acting training has Will done? Has he ever done a show on broadway?theatre?

Not one of his movies have been nominated for best picture. Great actors make great movies. Where is Will's classic? All Will has proven is is a box office star, and his movies make a lot of money. To take 5 months off from movies, and completely abandon music, When Jeff has stated all he needed was 2 weeks with Will to record some music. It's pretty damn disappointing.

• Admin

Movies or music

It shouldn't be movies OR music! He is quite capable of doing both. Willennium great album. If I was having this argument with Will I'd say one thing.. 1993.. he did the best season of fresh prince of bel air, one of his best movies & performances "6 degrees of seperation" and one of his best albums "Code Red." You can't tell me it can't be done, when it's already been done before! :susel[1]:

Not one of his movies have been nominated for best picture. Great actors make great movies. Where is Will's classic? All Will has proven is is a box office star, and his movies make a lot of money. To take 5 months off from movies, and completely abandon music, When Jeff has stated all he needed was 2 weeks with Will to record some music. It's pretty damn disappointing.

Tim, in a lot of cases people who win best actor awards are in movies that are not nominated for or win best picture. The only time this decade the best actor & best movie was from the same film was 2000(Gladiator). Both of Denzel Washington's Oscars came when the movie was not nominated for Best Movie(1989's Glory & 2001's Training Day). As a matter of fact, of Denzel's 5 Oscar nominations, none of the movies he's been nominated for has been nominated for best picture. Tom Hanks' 1st Oscar(1993's Philadelphia) came without that movie not being nominated for best picture. Same with Nicholas Cage in 1995. Forest Whitaker won for The Last King of Scotland in '06 while the movie was not nominated for best picture. You can give a really great performance and win an Oscar without that movie being nominated for best picture.

Edited by TopDawg14

• Admin

Bottom line for me personally is, it's Will's career, and he's more than earned the right to do what he wants with it.

He can do what he wants, doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. :wiggle:

Will can either make a movie that breaks records at the box office, or record an album that struggles to go Gold..

Sadly, it's hard to sell in Hip Hop these days. It's hard to get a hit. That's what most of "Lost and Found" was about. The album could be the best album he's put out in 20 years, and it'll still be hard for him to sell...The fact that record Sales are dropping, coupled with the state of the Hip Hop...I think he realizes it might not be worth it right now..

Meanwhile...His movies will ALWAYS do good. He's a great actor. People are waiting for his next movie. People are excited when a new one is announced...

He KNOWS the movie will do good...He HOPES the album will do good...

As much as I want new music from him..I kind of understand. Hip Hop has gotten to the point where he's accomplished almost all he could, by no fault of his own...He can still grow as a musician, but it's harder. He spells that out in "I wish I Made That", and "Lost & Found"...

I don't know, that's the way I see it...You know he still loves music, but he has to focus on what will give him the most success RIGHT NOW...And that's acting...

As a fan of his music, I don't like it...But I can respect it.

Edited by Vipa

I can't say i'm sweating this 2 much. He's an emcee at the roots. He'll be back with music...where's it's sooner or later, he'll be back. None of us wanna deal with a wait and maybe that's what he's preparing us for right now...but maybe he just said that because of the audience he was speaking 2. I like that he said he wasn't recording much...which means he is doing it. We've been thru' this before. I don't see it as anything 2 be worked up about. After all, he's released 4 albums since he quit rapping...ha ha.

I think I'm a much better actor than I am a musician

He went and said it now. And he said the wrong thing.

At this point I'm not holding out much hope for another album. I don't really see him coming out with an album at 45. I'd like him to do it but he's always so aware of the people around him that he'll stick with that fake "pass the torch" mentality.

God Blessa!

damn m really ashamed..iam a true suppoter but i dont see Will rappin in the next 4-5..he will be 45..rappin at that age for him? it's a damn shame.Everyone has always been sayin he a better actor than musician..apparently he just proved em all right..but I aint hatin on Will coz i got nothing but love.