JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will unsure about new record..

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it would be good 2 put them out there in a big way. If he was 2 ever release old unreleased stuff, i think it should only be done exclusively for fans. We live in a age where pretty much anything can be released (even tho' most things never released never see the light of day). I don't think any of us want JJ+FP's image tarnished by tracks being released that they never felt were good enough to release. It would just water down their legacy. Look at 2Pac. He is one of Hip-Hop's greatests. However, they are slowly releasing EVERYTHING. He recorded so many songs while on Deathrow cuz he wanted 2 fulfill his album contract and get off the label. Much of the stuff that he recorded in 1996 is sloppy freestyles with weak subject matter and little focus. Any true 2Pac fan will tell u that alot of the stuff on his doctored albums is no where near the level of standard that he would hold. 2 make things worse, they doctor those songs with idiotic guest appearances and new, crappy production. It's tarnishing 2Pac's legacy. FP has been very open about how he doesn't let just anyone be around him while he's creating music and how he doesn't let just anyone hear what he's recorded. He has talked about not letting people hear his "weak stuff."

I'm all for unreleased stuff being released properly, but not just releasing everything reqardless of the quality. We as big fans would probably appriciate most of it anyway, but it shouldn't be released as if it were his best and available to everyone.

• Admin

Like I said on the podcast AJ Will should let us hear all his unreleased tracks and then we pick the best 10 to be released officially :wiggle: I know he'd have some good stuff.. Nothin on my mind, from da south, the chosen one, coming to the stage, holla back were all unreleased. These are all quality.

I don't think it would be good 2 put them out there in a big way. If he was 2 ever release old unreleased stuff, i think it should only be done exclusively for fans. We live in a age where pretty much anything can be released (even tho' most things never released never see the light of day). I don't think any of us want JJ+FP's image tarnished by tracks being released that they never felt were good enough to release. It would just water down their legacy. Look at 2Pac. He is one of Hip-Hop's greatests. However, they are slowly releasing EVERYTHING. He recorded so many songs while on Deathrow cuz he wanted 2 fulfill his album contract and get off the label. Much of the stuff that he recorded in 1996 is sloppy freestyles with weak subject matter and little focus. Any true 2Pac fan will tell u that alot of the stuff on his doctored albums is no where near the level of standard that he would hold. 2 make things worse, they doctor those songs with idiotic guest appearances and new, crappy production. It's tarnishing 2Pac's legacy. FP has been very open about how he doesn't let just anyone be around him while he's creating music and how he doesn't let just anyone hear what he's recorded. He has talked about not letting people hear his "weak stuff."

I'm all for unreleased stuff being released properly, but not just releasing everything reqardless of the quality. We as big fans would probably appriciate most of it anyway, but it shouldn't be released as if it were his best and available to everyone.

Yeah u do have a good point. He has an image to uphold and it would be pretty bad if they just released garbage. But I would love some new tracks!!

Nice post, man!

I fully agree u! :thumbsup:

But do we have any chance of gettin' a new album with unreleased tracks?

I don't know about the unreleased stuff.. right now i just want a brand new album to bump. i just listened to Lost and Found and now i want more!

I'd love to have an album with some unreleased material and some good remixes thrown in their, but like AJ said exclusively for the hardcore fans.. like us haha.

I don't know about the unreleased stuff.. right now i just want a brand new album to bump. i just listened to Lost and Found and now i want more!

I'd love to have an album with some unreleased material and some good remixes thrown in their, but like AJ said exclusively for the hardcore fans.. like us haha.

Yeah, if it's really some new songs that we neva heard before then it'd be cool cuz that'd be somethin like a new album, either. ;)

• Members

Nice reason, man ! :thumbsup:

I'm really of Will Fan for 10 years but it's my first step in this site today.

I'm from Thailand and still listening to Will Smith's song everyday in my office and focus on my work.

His song can save me to relaxing .

What ever , Will would or not to do a new record. He is always leave the legend of old release stuff forever! :signthankspin: