JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Tha Carter III Sets New Billboard Record!

VIsqo

A Millie, A Millie...Tha Carter III Sets New Billboard Record

Wednesday June 18, 2008

Whatever Lil Wayne has been doing to woo fans he needs to bottle it up and place it on Wal-Mart shelves because his formula works like magic. Wayne's latest album, Tha Carter III, has become the first CD since 50 Cent's The Massacre in 2005 to move more than 1 million units in one week. Specifically, Carter III has now moved 1,005,545 units. With the exception of Kanye West's Graduation, which reeled in 957,000 scans, no other album has exceeded 800,000 copies in its debut week since 2006.

In a YouTube video released last night, a visibly elated Lil Wayne thanked his fans for helping push Tha Carter III past the the 1 million mark in the album's first week.

http://therapup.rawkus.com/2008/06/lil-way...carter-iii.html

http://rap.about.com/od/toppicks/tp/HowtoB...pyRapAlbums.htm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p2k4oqNOJu0 (mr. Carter song) Probably the only good thing here..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4zdSDRoB1zU A billie (JayZ A Millie freestyle remix) real good

Source: Rap.about.com

What's that old saying? Oh yeah, there's a sucker born every minute... and in this case there are 1 million suckers. This is proof that you can put hot garbage on wax and still sell. I won't knock his hustle but I will say that this album is:

garbage-1.jpg

50 Cent...Lil' Wayne... It looks like all u need 2 do is make some of the worst music that ears have ever heard 2 accomplish such a feat. What are the odds that music's most untalented and annoying people sells that many records. What is the average IQ of those people who are buying that music?

Who really gives a damn how much he sold, he's garbage, he won't be around much longer to have a 20+ year career like Will, KRS, LL, Rakim, and the legends

50 Cent...Lil' Wayne... It looks like all u need 2 do is make some of the worst music that ears have ever heard 2 accomplish such a feat. What are the odds that music's most untalented and annoying people sells that many records. What is the average IQ of those people who are buying that music?

Agreed. I feel like my ears are going to bleed everytime I hear him. I dont mind him being featured or doing the hook in some songs like "Make It Rain" or "Stuntin Like My Daddy" but I hate anything where its just him. I also hate how everyone is riding with him in the rap game just to get a hit.

I barely like one song off that album and its "Mr. Carter" ft. Jay-Z. I only like it cause of Jay and Just Blaze gave him an amazing beat in which Lil Wayne dont deserve.

seriously though....tell me ...

waynes-world.jpg

How in the hell did this crack head going platinum in one week?!

Who really gives a damn how much he sold, he's garbage, he won't be around much longer to have a 20+ year career like Will, KRS, LL, Rakim, and the legends

He's allready in for 13, 15 years, releasing records. Dont forget his old group work. And I guess he'll release records for the next 5 years too. So that bet we lost.

He's allready in for 13, 15 years, releasing records. Dont forget his old group work. And I guess he'll release records for the next 5 years too. So that bet we lost.

According to Wikipedia, he's been active for 11 years, popular for considerable less. So he'd need to keep recording for the next nine years.

OWNED!!!

CO-SIGN!!!! End of thread.

WORD :wickedwisdom:

According to Wikipedia, he's been active for 11 years, popular for considerable less. So he'd need to keep recording for the next nine years.

According to the Source, himself and Cash Money he's been active for 14 years. I guess thats a better source than Wikipedia.