JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

UEFA European (Football) Championship

Turntable

Is anyone watching this? At least the english should be on this, right? Or all ya'll still frustrated? :paperbag:

Anyway, I think it has been pretty cool till now. The Netherlands played the most amazing games so far (4:1 against France, 3:0 agfainst Italy). The definitly up for the title. Germany played two terrible games, same for Italy and France. Gerrmany came through the groups tho, but France or Italy (maybe even both) will have to go home tonight. Portugal made it through too, but they did lose the last game against Zwitserland (2:0). The havew to go against German in the Quarter Finals. The Netherlands will be facing Sweden or Russia. This is definitly gonna be intresting. I'm definitly watching the third game tonight tho.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Croatia are a good outside bet, they have looked strong. But yeh Holland have been immense so far, and Spain too.

Gonna be good some good quarter finals lined up

Turntable congratulations with the great start for The Netherlands... If u keep playing like this, u are the favotites the win the championship.

Germany havents had the best start so far, but I still think they can go all the way.. but Im looking forward the the quarterfinal between Germany and Portugal, two of the big favorites before the tournament.

Croatia has been the biggest suprise so far, and Im likely to think that they might could go to the final.

I hope for Spain, now when Denmark didn't qualify.. they have been playing well so far.. but they usualy fails in the quarterfinal :/

The biggest dissapointment till now was Zwitserland tho. They deserved a win in every game and yet they lost in the last minute. 1:1 in the first two games would even have been enough to go through.

Croatia was decent, but I dont think its enough. Rumania wasnt that bad ether, I guess they are going down tonight tho. On the other, I guess the dutch trainer wont put all his good players oon the field.

The biggest dissapointment till now was Zwitserland tho.

Depends on what you consider a dissapointment. The biggest dissapointment for me has to be Germany & Italy.

They deserved a win in every game and yet they lost in the last minute. 1:1 in the first two games would even have been enough to go through.

No they didn't. They did deserve the win against the Czechs because they dominated 90 mins and created tons of chances as opposed to Czechs slim one. But I thought Turkey played better against the Swiss, Swiss was better when it was raining because they don't rely on technique that much, but when the rain stopped Turkey played pretty good and deserved the equalizer.

The Swiss did play decent football though, it just wasn't enough.

Croatia was decent, but I dont think its enough.

We'll see about that one. Croatia did knock out England and they did beat Germany. I wouldn't be too surprised to see them in the semi finals let alone in the finals. They are a capable team with lots of individual talent.

On the other, I guess the dutch trainer wont put all his good players oon the field.

Rightfully so.

I don't see the Dutch winning it all, they are good but not good enough IMO. I think they've been very lucky especially against France, I thought France played a MUCH better game and didn't deserve to go down 4-1, they created a lot, Holland came 4 times and scored 4 times, great counters. I think Holland is a great counter team, when they go up 1-0 they become stronger, but if they go down 0-1 during any moment of the game, they won't make it because that's not their strength. That's why they got knocked out 4 years ago.

I enjoyed the Turkey-Czech game the most, one of the single greatest epic games I've ever watched.

Down 0-2 with 15 mins left....game ends 3-2. UNBELIEVABLE. The best game in the tournament so far, one of the greatest games ever. Probably the greatest comeback game in the history of football. I love to watch soccer, and I thank god that I was able to watch that game, what a game.

I think Holland is a great counter team, when they go up 1-0 they become stronger, but if they go down 0-1 during any moment of the game, they won't make it because that's not their strength. That's why they got knocked out 4 years ago.

Which was a complete diffrent team.

I think Holland is a great counter team, when they go up 1-0 they become stronger, but if they go down 0-1 during any moment of the game, they won't make it because that's not their strength. That's why they got knocked out 4 years ago.

Which was a complete diffrent team.

Complete ? Nah.

Slightly ? Yeah.

Same goalkeeper, same defensive players, partially same midfield and same striker.

The biggest changes were in the midfield, players like Sneijder, Robben, Persie were part of that midfield.

The biggest difference in the starting eleven are Engelaar and De Jong as opposed to Van Bommel.

So saying that was a COMPLETE different team isn't really true.

Okay so who's ready for the quarter finals.......... Portugal v Germany today, and i think that it will be a very interesting game although i think that portugal might do it, you never know how scolari's decision has affected all the players as the last time they played it was near enough a whole different team.

Can they put this psychological stuff behind them and concentrate on the beautiful game.....we will have to see......

Spain baby! what do u think Ale?

I think that with players like Torres & Villa, Italy is in danger this Sunday. But I will shut up 'coz, like someone said, we always fail in quarter finals :lolsign:

Anyways this year it's gonna be different, I'm sure of that. But if we lose then I'll support Holland. Van Nistelroy + Robben + Sneijder = Real Madrid = greatest club in the world. But if we beat Italy and we have to face Holland... then I'll support my country, obviously.

Can't wait to see today's match: Portugal VS Germany :wiggle:

PODEMOS!

Edited by Ale