JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Skillz Mentions hangin' wit Will in interview

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/features/id....g-the-times/p.1

DX: On “Where I Been” from the new album you note that you’ve been spending time of late, “In Miami doing it up with Will.” Is that Will Smith you speak of?

S: Yeah, that’s a good friend of mine. He taught me a lot. The lessons that I’ve learned from him, it’s not really to where I could put it into words. He’s a real deal dude. If he says he’s gonna do something, you better believe it.

DX: So should we expect Skillz in like the next Will Smith blockbuster movie or something? Like, what are you guys talking about when you’re together?

S: Well I was just with him the other day. We were talking about working on some music for his movie Hancock. I went to the screening for that and hung out for awhile. And we just tossed around some ideas – me, him, Jazzy Jeff. Those guys are Hip Hop royalty to me. So for me to just be in the same room with both of them it’s amazing. I never thought a little kid from Virginia would be on a movie set with Will Smith.

DX: I love how you can just casually drop that: “And when I was chillin’ with Will Smith yesterday... [Laughs]”

S: I mean, like, dude he’s such an influential figure that between him and Jazzy Jeff, like I told you, they’re like living legends to me. I’ve watched their whole career, and I’ve watched it blossom into what they’re doing now. And just to be a part of it… Like, I helped write some stuff on his last album. And to just be a part of that is a beautiful thing because it definitely inspires you. I dare anybody to spend five minutes around Will and not get inspired.

Fresh Prince, Jazzy Jeff & Skillz!! All on the same track! Imagine that...

Thats awesome that Skillz is friends with Will, maybe Skillz could inspire Will to work on music.

Music for Hancock eh! Good to hear..its a step in the right direction

:yeahthat: