JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Charlize Theron's bro Will Smith

Ale

WHEN superstars Charlize Theron and Will Smith were reunited for their new comedy, Hancock, the bubbly actress said she felt she was meeting up with her long-lost brother.

The two Hollywood A-listers had starred in The Legend Of Bagger Vance in 2000 and fell "madly in love with each other'' at the time, Theron says - albeit just as good friends.

"We're like brother and sister when we get together,'' she says.

"But I was really bummed when we did Bagger because we didn't really get the chance to work that much together and yet it took us all of about five minutes to really fall madly in love with each other.

"We just hit it off instantly and we were always messing around. There was something about me and him. We're very similar people.

"We're both real big pranksters and jokers and so we really enjoyed each other's company. We kept pushing each other further and further, but we really didn't get a chance to work together. So this was great because we got to do that even more and yet work together.''

Hancock is the latest Will Smith blockbuster about a superhero with a difference: instead of being loved by the public he has fallen out of favour with everyone because of his acerbic personality and hard-drinking habit.

However, when Smith's Hancock meets Theron's married character, Mary, sparks fly and the two embark on a rather unlikely love affair.

In real life, Smith and Theron are each happily settled, he with his wife, Jada Pinkett, and she with her partner of seven years, the actor Stuart Townsend.

On set the pair indulged in simply having good, old-fashioned fun.

"Will tried to fake-slap me one time, but I think he just hit me,'' Theron laughs. ``He claims I leaned into his hand and that's how that happened, but we're still debating that one.''

Their chemistry undoubtedly helped them to portray more acutely the difficult emotions that arise from the love triangle between the superhero, Mary and her husband.

"You set a woman up in this perfect life with this great husband - and she's a step-mum, too - and then throw her into a world where she has to choose between the perfect family and a superhero,'' Theron explains.

Source: http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/stor...5001026,00.html

Edited by Ale

• Members

WHEN superstars Charlize Theron and Will Smith were reunited for their new comedy, Hancock, the bubbly actress said she felt she was meeting up with her long-lost brother.

The two Hollywood A-listers had starred in The Legend Of Bagger Vance in 2000 and fell "madly in love with each other'' at the time, Theron says - albeit just as good friends.

"We're like brother and sister when we get together,'' she says.

"But I was really bummed when we did Bagger because we didn't really get the chance to work that much together and yet it took us all of about five minutes to really fall madly in love with each other.

"We just hit it off instantly and we were always messing around. There was something about me and him. We're very similar people.

"We're both real big pranksters and jokers and so we really enjoyed each other's company. We kept pushing each other further and further, but we really didn't get a chance to work together. So this was great because we got to do that even more and yet work together.''

Hancock is the latest Will Smith blockbuster about a superhero with a difference: instead of being loved by the public he has fallen out of favour with everyone because of his acerbic personality and hard-drinking habit.

However, when Smith's Hancock meets Theron's married character, Mary, sparks fly and the two embark on a rather unlikely love affair.

In real life, Smith and Theron are each happily settled, he with his wife, Jada Pinkett, and she with her partner of seven years, the actor Stuart Townsend.

On set the pair indulged in simply having good, old-fashioned fun.

"Will tried to fake-slap me one time, but I think he just hit me,'' Theron laughs. ``He claims I leaned into his hand and that's how that happened, but we're still debating that one.''

Their chemistry undoubtedly helped them to portray more acutely the difficult emotions that arise from the love triangle between the superhero, Mary and her husband.

"You set a woman up in this perfect life with this great husband - and she's a step-mum, too - and then throw her into a world where she has to choose between the perfect family and a superhero,'' Theron explains.

Source: http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/stor...5001026,00.html

Not surprised she seems awesome and Will is always having a good time!!

Hollywood superstar Will Smith left actress Charlize Theron shocked when he slapped her for real on the set of new movie ‘Hancock’, rather than pretend to hit her. A scene in the forthcoming superhero film requires Smith to slap Theron. Theron claims that it was while performing the same scene that Smith actually hit her. She even revealed that Smith was not ready to accept that his slap was a real one.

“He tried to fake slap me one time, but the fake one just didn’t happen. We’re still debating this one. I think he just hit me! But Will claims I leaned into his hand and that’s how it happened. I was so shocked! I was like, ‘He just slapped me!’” Contactmusic quoted her as saying. “But he said, ‘I did not slap you. I had my hand there and you turned into it,’” she added.

Theron, however, insisted that the incident did not sour their relationship. “We’re just like kids, it’s so much fun. He’s not a woman beater!” she said.

Source: http://willsmithweb.com/