JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Skillz Addresses Lil' Wayne's Rant On Mixtape Deejays

bigted

Skillz Addresses Lil Wayne's Rant On Mixtape Deejays

June 3rd, 2008 | Author: Andreas HaleThe web has been buzzing with Lil Wayne vs the mixtape deejays controversy [click to read]. Although Weezy appeared on DJ Drama’s Shade 45 Sirius Satellite radio show to clarify his remarks, not everyone is comfortable with Wayne’s initial reaction and subsequent clarification.

“… so **** the dj? For real?” Skillz said on his Okayplayer blog. “Wow! First lemme say I dont get alot of radio/club play, sometimes my record dont apply & I can understand that but I dont care if I had no spins on my record I would never say **** a dj. No DJ at all, I wouldnt say **** a DJ that I dont know!!”

Skillz apparently is bothered with Wayne’s statements and explains the importance of the deejay when it comes to giving an artist exposure.

“It just baffles me how the hottest artist out right now can say **** the dj’s!! Where would he be without the DJ tho? Real talk, I hear his records and its always a dj playing it,” he continues. “If you hot then DJ’s gon **** with you but they are part of the reason you hot, its a tag team kinda combo. You rap on everyone’s song (whether they want you to or not) you jump on cats tracks and send em out to the world, wouldn’t you want someone to think its hot (enough) to play?”

As for Wayne singling out deejays he hasn’t met, Skillz doesn’t feel they deserve animosity that Weezy has publicly displayed.

“Niggas takin my music and puttin out CD’s that aint official. Nigga? You rapped on 70 songs that wasn’t official! A lot of these DJ’s are branding you. They making you hot!”

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rapper Skillz has added his voice to the outrage over Lil Wayne's anti-DJ campaign. Earlier this week, DJ Chuck T claimed responsibility for leaking Tha Carter III in reaction to Wayne's "F**k mixtape DJs" remarks during an interview with Foundation magazine. In his latest Okayplayer blog, Skillz explains that Wayne wouldn't be as popular as he is today without all the DJs who've supported him over the years.

"Alot of these DJ's are branding you," writes Skillz in response Wayne's assertion that DJs have been releasing his songs without approval. "They making you hot! If a kid grabs a LIL Wayne cd from the barbershop he bought that for some new Wayne sh*t, If I asked him what CD I got he's gon say Wayne, not DJ (insert name here) presents Wayne!...It's crazy how cats do DJ's after they get to the point that they want to get to."

http://rap.about.com/

This guy Wayne is crazy...

I guess when u go as far as he has with no talent...u get a bit cocky. Stupid and disrespectiful. That's probably the biggest anti-Hip-Hop comment made all year.

Arent you dissing DJ Khaled, DJ Drama and so on all day for supporting wack music? You know Wayne talks about those kind of DJ's dont you? He aint talking about the Jazzy Jeff kind of DJ's. You should be happy that he disses DJ's that put out his music. Anyway, even tho ya'll once again acting like LIl Wayne is Hitler, I agree with ya'll. It was stupid.

And by the way, the biggest anti Hip Hop comment this years was this:

I usually lean Republican.
Edited by Turntable

When someone tries 2 stay safe by supporting all things Non-Hip-Hop for a whole paragraph, then cops out on the last sentence everytime 2 "kinda" diss it just so that the true Hip-Hop heads don't rip them apart...their comments don't really stick...just like the careers of their favorite commercial rappers.

...their comments don't really stick...just like the careers of their favorite commercial rappers.

I'm sorry that the few commercial Rappers I listen too had a more lasting career than Marky Mark and Kid N Play.

Edited by Turntable

And by the way, the biggest anti Hip Hop comment this years was this:

I usually lean Republican.

Ya, you know because if you like hiphop...you can only be a democrat.....

?

Edited by Bob

I love how the fact that i rarely support the moral-lacking Democrats has u claiming that it contradicts a culture i've been a part of for decades that u don't really show that u know anything about. I also love how u are dissing golden age artists who people remember by name even tho' they haven't released an album in 10 years and are claiming that your wide range of gimmick-toting, no-talent-having commercial rappers are going 2 be remembered by name in 5 years.

Allow me 2 remind u that it's dangerous ground when u continually go after a moderator.