JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III cd

VIsqo

For such a big head on your icon...soo little is....

is... is... wasted? Thank you.

Anyway, I said "worth the listen"...for those songs. and they are. What's really good on that album? Mr. Carter and Dr. Carter, Definitely Juelz's verse on Nothin on me, and shoot me down has one of the most attention-clenching instrumentals I've heard in a long time.

Listen to Dr. Carter and Mr. Carter...you can't say it isn't creative rhyming. And Jay-Z does an awesome verse. Oh, and Nothing on me was on a mixtape...and Juelz killed it then and now!

It is NOT creative rhyming. In fact, does it even count as rhyming if you're just repeating the same word over and over? Dr. Carter? What is that? Other than a terrible, uninspired song?

But it's ok:

Well, considering my taste in music is second to none

:signthankspin:

Irony.

Oh, and here we go with Lupe: I'm gonna talk about hamburgers, think I'm one of the best (as in his interview with MTV), and then I'm going to mess up a Tribe called Quest in a tribute and defend it by saying I never listen to them! PLEASE!

NOthing but LOVE!

Yeah... Has ZERO relevance to the talent comparison I'm making but cool. I'm sure I couldn't come up with ANY dirt on Wayne "I kiss a grown man that I call my daddy that isn't my daddy and then play it off as mafioso."

God Blessa!

Edited by Silver Tiger

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think I'm supporting Lil Wayne?

I'm saying in his album, there were terrible songs, and a few gems.

Lupe in a completely different way has songs I can't stand, and a few ones I think are good (from his first album almost exclusively).

The reason why I confronted Lupe so much is because the "backpack" crowd accepts him, when I don't think he comes close to any of the talibs, mos defs, or others.

Lil Wayne is a garbage rapper...and I made that clear...but on his album, to be honest, there were a few songs worth listening to.

No, I don't think you're supporting him. I just said that I think it's funny that you could like those decidedly awful songs while being a hater of some great songs by an artist that you are showing more and more that you hate for reasons relating very little to his musical ability. You can't talk about Lupe without complaining about the ATCQ performance. But it's all up to personal taste right? Sure, just check the ingredients of what you're eating, Bob, cause Dr. Carter is hip hop poison. Those "gems" got a shine like charcoal.

God Blessa!

Edited by Silver Tiger

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: Tiger and AJ made them points, but first of all AJ aint even giving him the chance, and officially trashed him, and Tiger looks like Wayne raped his little dog or something time ago... :gettinjiggywitit: People please... do I have to start all over again with the quit hating on people?

Anyways, I listened to the songs that Bob proposed and even though they are not like real good, they are much better than most of his songs, and that song with Jay z is definitely quite good. For tastes there are colors, and aparently some people that posted here, really like Brown...

. You can't talk about Lupe without complaining about the ATCQ performance.

God Blessa!

There was a post I made a months back where I outlined exactly, regarding talent and performance, I think Lupe is extremely overrated. You can look back. I talk of his flow that seems to run into itself at the end of a line, and much more.

Bob would be an exelent critic, because regardless of what he thinks of the rappers, he can be objective about the songs, a think that clearly AJ and Tiger lost...

In another Matter, i think that LUpe has some songs that are actually whack and some of them whack songs are even worse than waynes because not even the hook would stay in your mind, and im mad sure that u wouldnt even play it on your radio outloud when u are riding.. That he has good songs, im sure about it, but here are we talking that wayne has no creativity, when he is actually bringing lots of new lyrics and hooks and beats. Here are we talking that the guy is an idiot and he is one of the rappers most people like the most.. If you are an idiot, you wouldnt be able to get all of what he has got...

Well, anyways, I wont continue defending himbecause clearly the guy doesnt deserves it and most of his songs keeps killing hip hop like noone else.. But I do think that exceptuating some songs, Lupe is way overrated, and havent seen him droping anything good in a remix from someone else...

People, lets forget about what have Wayne done to our dogs and lets talk about music, shall we?

. You can't talk about Lupe without complaining about the ATCQ performance.

God Blessa!

There was a post I made a months back where I outlined exactly, regarding talent and performance, I think Lupe is extremely overrated. You can look back. I talk of his flow that seems to run into itself at the end of a line, and much more.

No, I did look back. 4 out of 6 of your points have literally nothing to do with his skills as an MC.

I didn't mean for this to get so focused on Lupe. I just think think it's funny that you can say things like "I think Lupe is extremely overrated" and go on to defend outright bad songs by the most overrated rapper of all time.

What did I lose VIsqo? Other than 20 minutes of my life listening to trash?

Here are we talking that the guy is an idiot and he is one of the rappers most people like the most..

Yeah, and what do they say when you ask them why? Whatever comes out of their mouth is almost always something Wayne said about himself. Great talent.

Sorry to get back on the Lupe track but what...

Lupe is way overrated, and havent seen him droping anything good in a remix from someone else...

...the hell does that have to do with his skills as an MC?

People, lets forget about what have Wayne done to our dogs and lets talk about music, shall we?

A topic he has no place in. The good kind at least.

God Blessa!

Edited by Silver Tiger

This is the review from about.rap.com I found it really interesting..

Lil Wayne's 'Tha Carter III' is a Mixed Bag

Oh, so you thought Lil Wayne would give you 500+ freebies for two years and not make you pay somehow?

Law of Diminishing Returns

The law of diminishing returns has finally caught up with Lil Wayne on Tha Carter III, as his massive saturation of the airwaves with Weezy-isms leaves little left to be desired on his sixth solo album.

Carter vs. Carter

Wayne primarily suffers from identity crisis on C.3, hijacking snips of Beyonce's swag on "Comfortable," mimicking T-Pain on "Lollipop" and "Got Money" (alongside the real T-Pain), and occasionally attempting a Carribean patois to match his dreads.

On the ferocious Just Blaze banger "Mr. Carter," Wayne crumbles in the presence of a giant. You can be excused for thinking that Weezy, while a strong entertainer in his own right, had a chance to out-Carter Shawn Carter on this collaboration. Unsurprisingly, Big Jay drops the album's best guest verse. Rather than carve out his own identity, Wayne stands comfortably behind Jay-Z's overbearing shadow.

The Flavors of Mr. Carter

There's plenty of personality on Carter III, though. "Mrs. Officer" brings Wayne's natural penchant for phrasing outlandish lyrics to the forefront. "She know I'm raw. She know I'm from the streets, and all she wants me to do is f**k the police," he rhymes about a female cop in the narrative.

On "Dr. Carter," Weezy christens himself hip-hop messiah, while offering an inflated opinion of his own talent. He feels the beat's pulsation, then proceeds to pound it senseless, ultimately delivering Tha Carter III's magnum opus. He gets serious on "Tie My Hands," in which he recalls the Hurricane Katrina debacle that devastated his hometown of New Orleans in 2005. Elsewhere on "A Millie," an 808-heavy beat backs Wayne as he boasts, "I'm a venereal disease, like the menstrual bleed, through the pencil and leak on the sheet of the tablet in my mind." It's a sample of what he's capable of when sharply focused. Too bad, a sizable portion of the album is bugged down by assorted gibberish, partly due to Wayne's decision to emulate Jay-Z by not "writing" lyrics.

A Mixed Bag

Pick your way past the heap of misfires and Tha Carter III amounts to this: an ambitious project that will surely appeal to mainstream hip-hop radio and pop stations alike. It's not as infectious as Tha Carter II, an album which showcased Lil Wayne's growth as an MC. At 22 songs, C.3 makes for a tedious ride that culminates with a seven-minute tirade on why Al Sharpton is just a "another Don King with a perm."

While Wayne remains a remarkable personality, his case for "best rapper alive" is getting weaker every year. It's hard to pinpoint a specialty which he can truly drive a stake in and claim it as his own. He's not a premier storyteller like Slick Rick. He lacks the stately hallmarks of Rakim, the staggering influence of Jay-Z, and the drop-dead lyricism of Nas. Sure, he's doing enough to maintain his status as one of hip-hop's most exciting voices, but not much to improve it.

Source: http://rap.about.com/od/previews/fr/ThaCarterIII.htm

A review for any Lil' Wayne album.

Lil' Wayne has no talent. His songs are about nothing becuz he hasn't mastered the song writing concept of writing about something. His voice and flow are unbareably awful. His voice makes fingernails on a chalk board sound beautiful. His production is awful and he should be kicked in the face until he dies.

A review for any Lil' Wayne album.

Lil' Wayne has no talent. His songs are about nothing becuz he hasn't mastered the song writing concept of writing about something. His voice and flow are unbareably awful. His voice makes fingernails on a chalk board sound beautiful. His production is awful and he should be kicked in the face until he dies.

Hahaha, wow AJ, that's some excellent hating there!