JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What is your Jay Z fave album?

VIsqo

http://rap.about.com/od/jayz/tp/JayZDiscography.htm

Well, we have here 10 choices. Ten really good choices, from which we could pick even 4 of them to be really, really good. We dont even have to be a Jay Z fan to have a fave album from him, But we have to have ONE FAVORITE ONE. From REASONABLE DOUBT to AMERICAN GANGSTER,

WHICH ONE IS YOUR FAVORITE JAY Z ALBUM?

By the way my fave one is the one and only BLACK ALBUM. I think it was flawless, from 99 problems, song I one dedicated, to The Allure, this album is clearly Jay Z's best..

It's tough.

I was really on American Gangster. I really enjoyed much of the Blueprint.

Reasonable Doubt was awesome, but a little before my time.

I really like the one Volume with "It's Hot"--the diss at 50 that made me smile.

But, yes, just because of everything surrounding it...The Black Album

It's probably because he released it at the very, very end of high album sales....and riiiight before ringtone rap. He got everyone to know all the lyrics to all his songs. Somehow everyone knows each song on the album if they hear it.

That is rare. And the content was quite good. Simple rhyming, as always (well except for American Gangster) but awesome content.

Ringtone rap, lol, I love that definition mr producer, lol.

hm? i don't know that i offered a specific definition...

..and that producing...about that...

i really have been lacking on my game. or unmotivated.

ya i'll go with that.

Good topic. It's kind of hard for me because I really become a big fan of Jay until The Black Album. I like some of his older songs but I think I'm gonna go with one of his more recent albums.

I guess my favorite album of Jay's is.... American Gangster.

I actually followed Jay-Z a good bit in the beginning when he had guest spots on lots of people's music. Reasonable Doubt will always be the album i like the most. By 1999 i waz pretty much annoyed with him. There's a single here and there that i liked (Sunshine, The City Is Mine, Money Ain't A Thang, Girls, Girls, Girls), but i didn't actually start giving him much of a listen again until The Kingdom. The stuff i heard from his latest album didn't interest me at all.

Def a great topic. For a second I thought I was the only one into Jay-Z on this board and I could swear fan4ever was another big one too.

For me its gotta be Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, and the Black Album. I think Jay is a complete different species of rappers. If anyone's ever seen him in the studio (like on youtube with timbaland) ..he hasnt written a verse down since '96 "Can I Live" (off his 1st album). He is so incredible how he can go through a rap like 30 times and remember each time and each way he did it. Sick metaphors and crazy/funny personality. Kingdom Come didnt really thrill me and American Gangster was better but I def think his best material is behind him.