JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Brand New Funk 2K7

generally people have the same opinion.

Im lways gonna love the original more, but Jeff did a great revamp job on the new version and i thought Peedi brought his own style into it. I liked it

It sucks. Peedi just isn't good. His voice is annoying. I've never heard any lyrics from him that impressed me. This is the weakest track Jeff has ever done. I don't know why he'd want 2 bastardize his own classic. The song should have never been done unless FP waz on it...probably the only one on it.

I agree with KevTastic and Hero 1 on this one, however it clearly is no where near as good as the original. Brand New Funk is one of my favourite FP JJ songs, top 5 id say but while Peedi isnt as good, he does bring something fresh and different to the track. It sounds completely different from when it was with Prince but I dont mind it.

Jeff loved the track enough to make a remake of it.

He was very proud of it so doesn't think of it as downgraded, just a new version. So there is no need for the question "Why Downgrade it" when the person who made it doesn't believe its that way in the first place.

Its not downgrading the original. Its a different song.

I think the songs good, nowhere near the classic but it's not wack either

• Members

Is it just me, or does anyone one else like the live version of the original better than the album version? I just love how he freestyles in the beginning "Yo let me talk to you, let me have a word with you!" And he goes on right into the first verse. I also like when they break it down. I mean to me that version of the song will always be the best. Anyone agree?