JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jay-Z Freestyle Diss

TopDawg14

In a light-hearted moment, Jay-Z recorded a diss track responding to Washington Wizards guard DeShawn Stevenson saying that Cleveland Cavaliers forward/guard LeBron James was "overrated."

In this quick 2 minute clip, he makes a reference to box-office king Will Smith:

Jay-Z Disses DeShawn Stevenson

Personally, I don't think he was dissing Will but I could see how some might imply that he was.

hmm, doesn't really sound like a diss, more like he's playing on the fact that most people know Will makes twenty million (more actually like TopDawg said) dollars a film. not exactly smart to be dissing a business partner (carol's daughter) on a record but stranger things have happened.

I gotta keep it real,

Its gonna take seven movies by Will,

Seven movies at twenty mil,

And you still ten short from what I did wit one deal

I think it's a diss/subliminal at Will!

he's doing a diss towards deshawn's deal in the NBA. :stickpoke:

He's not dissin' Will...

everyone says Will makes 20 Mill per movie...7 Movies is 140 Million..

Jay Z just signed a $150 Million dollar deal with Live Nation...

I think he's saying...even if Stevenson was good enough to make Will Smith type money (Something like 7 Years/20 Million a year)... with one deal, Jay still made more with his one deal.

Edited by Vipa

I really don't see how you think this is a diss at Will. Its not even subliminal. Like Vipa said Jay was saying it'll take you 7 movies from Will at 20 mill each and your still not close to the money I've got.

No way was he disrespecting Will

I really don't see how you think this is a diss at Will. Its not even subliminal. Like Vipa said Jay was saying it'll take you 7 movies from Will at 20 mill each and your still not close to the money I've got.

No way was he disrespecting Will

:yeahthat: