JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The official MLB thread!

VIsqo

Well, baseball is finally back, and I couldnt be happier. My teams, both the Red Sox and the Braves look in their best forms and ready for action. So does Pedro Martinez, my all time favorite player from my town. This seems to be going to be a great season, full of surprises, and the teams are looking better this year after all those offseason changes.

I know that everyone, even those who doesnt watch or sympathize with baseball, at least have a team or a favorite player. My girlfriend is a Yankees fan because she says that A Rod is hot. Kinda like that time I bought Destiny's child first cd, lol. Baseball is exciting and brings a lot of interesting discussions and ideas to life.

So feel free to post your favorite players, to cheer for your favorite team or just post news or commentaries in this thread... Im sure Ill keep you informed in here with the latest in the game, and Ill apreciate all the help I can get.

Lets playball!!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, yesterday the season officially started with a lot of games. Johan was superb in his first season game as a met with 8 strikeouts in 7 innings. The Yankees game was suspended, so I didnt get to see if my first pick in the fantasy league (Alex Rodriguez) is going to be worthy this season.

Today is Pedro Martinez turn for the Mets, who look as the most solid contender in the East of the NL. The Braves has lost their first 2 games, and the Phillis I dont think are strong enough.

Well, Lets playball!!!

NL Capsules

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AoCh...p&type=lgns

AL Capsules

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ar6E...p&type=lgns

Them Mariners got really good this year. Way better. I have Beltre on my fantasy team, I just hope they move him to the fourth spot on the rotation... And I dont even need to say anything about the Red Sox being the best team in the major leagues, right?

Here are my predictions for the '08 season:

AL Central: Cleveland Indians

AL East: Boston Red Sox

AL West: L.A. Angels

AL Wild Card: Detroit Tigers

NL Central: Chicago Cubs

NL East: N.Y. Mets

NL West: Arizona Diamondbacks

NL Wild Card: Atlanta Braves

ALCS: Boston Red Sox over Cleveland Indians

NLCS: N.Y. Mets over Chicago Cubs

World Series: Boston Red Sox over N.Y. Mets

Those are some pretty good predictions, but u think cleveland is going to be able to go over Detroit again this year? And just remember that in the West Seattle just got a lilttle better. Oh and lets not forget them Dodgers and what about them Phillies?

This year predictions are pretty difficult to do in the MLB...

The PHIGHTIN PHILS will win the NL East, like last year...and then the magical run through the playoffs...

no one has a more potent lineup at bat. bullpen could use some work but we'll work through it

I think Detroit, the Red Sox and the Mets have a better lineup than the Phillys Bob, but anyways, they are an incredible team, I give that to you...

I'm not really a die hard baseball fan, more of a football fan and I'm still bummed about Brett Favre, but my team would have to be the Brewers, they seem to be doing pretty decent right now.

Edited by Big Ben

I think Detroit, the Red Sox and the Mets have a better lineup than the Phillys Bob, but anyways, they are an incredible team, I give that to you...

Every analyst agrees, no more powerful lineup in the MLB than that of the Phils...

but it's ok, disagree with the truth.

Well, it seems like the season has started in a way we didnt expect, with the red sox, mets and yankees and detroit losing... lets see how it continues...