JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Obama just spoke at my college!

Bob

So..... Barack Obama came to Penn State University today and spoke outside Old Main (the center building, and first building on campus).

There was some 22,000 on hand it was cool....and a record at penn state for a rally!

I personally am leaning more towards McCain right now, but I have been split for awhile between Obama and McCain. Anyway, after a wait forever, he came on stage and as he always does, delivered a very good campaign speech. It was awesome being there.

Now the FUN PART.

He acknowledged me..... during his speech.

Here's what happened:

He stated, "And let me make it clear, I respect and admire John McCain's service to this great country," to which I began clapping. Except I was the ONLY ONE CLAPPING. I got looks, sneers, giggles...but I kept clapping. Now you don't have to be a McCain supporter to respect a war veteran. So Obama stopped...paused...and said..:

"No, that IS something to admire and respect, the service to our country by our troops."

THEN PEOPLE JOINED IN WITH THE CLAPPING.

So yes, all in all it was a good day. I have a bunch of pictures I am going to try to find an upload site to get over here, but it was awesome.

I can't wait for McCain and Obama to have some of the most spirited debates.

Edited by Bob

That's pretty cool.. but.. even if he's a veteran and an 'american hero' that's not what the country needs! It's all about the visions and plans of the candidates and in that criteria McCain is definitely not a valid candidate and I will never understand somebody who is supporting him or even torn between the two. I'm sorry if that appears to be an ignorant point of view but how could somebody possibly vote for someone that shares a lot of bush's values after those past 8 years?

wow very cool. Im a war veteran, I wander what would happen if I ran for Presidency, being a War Veteran and an African American AND a woman... haha...

All hell would break loose up in the white house... :sipread: loll...

I love Hillary Clinton.. and Bill Clinton. Its sad for me to see so many ppl downtalking her and Bill, after Ive seen them do as much for the black community as they have ... I have not made a choice on who im voting for, I dont get into those 'politices' until closer to election time... nor will i engage in a political debate.. to each his or her own..

back on topic.. im glad that you enjoyed his visit to ur college...

xo,

cookie

That's pretty cool.. but.. even if he's a veteran and an 'american hero' that's not what the country needs! It's all about the visions and plans of the candidates and in that criteria McCain is definitely not a valid candidate and I will never understand somebody who is supporting him or even torn between the two. I'm sorry if that appears to be an ignorant point of view but how could somebody possibly vote for someone that shares a lot of bush's values after those past 8 years?

Do you realize he lead campaign finance reform...he fought big tobacco companies...he fought corporate interests...he fought the guantanamo torture...

McCain is more than qualified as a president...and someone who once was considered by John Kerry as a potential running mate....McCain almost became a Democrat.

John McCain and Barack Obama are two very different, but two very qualified candidates.

The one thing I get very upset with is the "mob mentality" that just because you like one individual, his/her opponents must be scum. That's rarely true.

Hillary Clinton is a respectable person. Now I do take issue with her adversarial nature in debates and general campaign stumps, but she is still a very experienced individual.

What I'm trying to say is ALL 3 Candidates are worthy of of the presidential office and that I can disagree with you on an opinion or issue, but I can't dismiss your choice for president just because I have a different set of views.

This election needs a tone down of the ignorance of supporters who go and dismiss other candidates. I hate gutter politics.

Edited by Bob

Awesome! Obama has got the nomination at this point..and all Clinton is doing is tearing the party down.. Absolutely you should have been clapping for McCains service to your country

I agree! ha thanks!

Thats whats up man!

:gettinjiggywitit:

wow very cool. Im a war veteran, I wander what would happen if I ran for Presidency, being a War Veteran and an African American AND a woman... haha...

All hell would break loose up in the white house... :sipread: loll...

I love Hillary Clinton.. and Bill Clinton. Its sad for me to see so many ppl downtalking her and Bill, after Ive seen them do as much for the black community as they have ... I have not made a choice on who im voting for, I dont get into those 'politices' until closer to election time... nor will i engage in a political debate.. to each his or her own..

back on topic.. im glad that you enjoyed his visit to ur college...

xo,

cookie

You would win hands down!!!

He is dreamy, isn't he?

He's got great presence. And he had a sense of humor talking about kissing babies...

He did reference Chris Rock in Head of State....he started doing "That Aint Right" to a round of applause!

Edited by Bob

Thats just what Bellichick said to his players when they faced the eagles... Obama is mega cool, going back to the thread. He should have people to spot those applauding mccain and then get them out of the place...