• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Eminem 'confirms' Mandela gig appearance

Friday, April 11 2008, 10:30 BST

By Alex Fletcher, Entertainment Reporter

Eminem has confirmed his appearance at Nelson Mandela's 90th birthday party this summer, say reports.

The controversial hip-hop star was lured into playing a comeback show by Queen guitarist Brian May, reports The Sun.

A source said: "We’re amazed to have Eminem on board. We wanted some of the greatest artists from recent times and Eminem was on the list.

"Brian contacted Eminem’s management on the off-chance and never expected him to go for it. It’s going to be explosive stuff and it’s certainly a big stage to make his comeback."

They added: "I know Eminem’s lyrics are always at the centre of controversy but people forget he did actually sing with Elton John at the Grammys. He also publicly apologised for the offence caused by racist lyrics."

Eminem announced his retirement from music in 2005, but he is currently rumoured to be working on a new studio album for release later this year.

Stevie Wonder, Annie Lennox, Razorlight and Keane are also rumoured to be playing the concert at London's Hyde Park on June 27.

It was revealed last month that Will Smith and wife Jada Pinkett Smith would host the tribute to the former South African president.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a93569/e...appearance.html

Eminem 'confirms' Mandela gig appearance

Friday, April 11 2008, 10:30 BST

By Alex Fletcher, Entertainment Reporter

Eminem has confirmed his appearance at Nelson Mandela's 90th birthday party this summer, say reports.

The controversial hip-hop star was lured into playing a comeback show by Queen guitarist Brian May, reports The Sun.

A source said: "We’re amazed to have Eminem on board. We wanted some of the greatest artists from recent times and Eminem was on the list.

"Brian contacted Eminem’s management on the off-chance and never expected him to go for it. It’s going to be explosive stuff and it’s certainly a big stage to make his comeback."

They added: "I know Eminem’s lyrics are always at the centre of controversy but people forget he did actually sing with Elton John at the Grammys. He also publicly apologised for the offence caused by racist lyrics."

Eminem announced his retirement from music in 2005, but he is currently rumoured to be working on a new studio album for release later this year.

Stevie Wonder, Annie Lennox, Razorlight and Keane are also rumoured to be playing the concert at London's Hyde Park on June 27.

It was revealed last month that Will Smith and wife Jada Pinkett Smith would host the tribute to the former South African president.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a93569/e...appearance.html

:noooo:

Yeah, i think it'd be ridiculous if Eminem actually performed or attended it the event. I thing i would be even more ridiculous if JJ+FP did not. Would it really surprise anyone if they did?

• 2 weeks later...

You can register here for tickets

http://www.virtualfestivals.com/index.cfm?...amp;mode=lineup

It lists will and Jada as artists, it doesnt seem to be clear if hes actually performing, i looks as if he is. The thing thats annoying is, its either go to this or the premier, they are so far apart it cant be both. i wanna see him perform, preferably not around artists that suck (apart from Leona, id wanna see her too).

According to the website there is no obligation to buy tickets when u have registered, so ive registered just incase. Maybe fate will decide what concert i should go to.