JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith: "I think I am done with music"

Ale

Pinkett Smith brought the house to tears as she thanked God (and not Scientology) for helping her to overcome her hard-knock beginnings and guiding her rise to stardom in Hollywood.

Her husband, Will Smith, interrupted his wife's speech and said: "I'm an action hero and I'm up here crying. Stop! The people ain't going to feel safe no more!"

Afterwards, Smith, the most charismatic and engaging Hollywood personality you'll ever meet, told me that he's finished with making rap CDs. "I think I am done with music," he smiled, as me and Gail Mitchell of Billboard listened.

http://www.blackvoices.com/blogs/2008/02/2...-to-oscar-week/

:worried:

Hopefully this tour in July will make him wanna start making albums again

Will has been sending us alot of mixed messages when it comes to music these days. He've gone from may be in the past to there will be a tour but with no new album planned, then it was a tour with a new single from Hancock and now he's saying that he thinks he's done with music

Next time he's asked about music he'll probably say something different again because i don't think he can make up his mind

Edited by analogue

Well if Will doesn't release anything new this year then I think he might be done from music, he usually comes back every 3 years with music

If Will doesnt release something this year, then "I think im done" with his music. ridiculous. Is anyone as frustrated as me? Will sucks. Plain and simple. At least we can always relay on Jeff where showbiz didnt eat him up.

What? So Will has to make more music to make you happy? Come on. You have to respect his decision. He can do what he wants, it's his career, it's his life.

Edited by Ale

If Will doesnt release something this year, then "I think im done" with his music. ridiculous. Is anyone as frustrated as me? Will sucks. Plain and simple. At least we can always relay on Jeff where showbiz didnt eat him up.

Most predictable reply ever!

EDIT: As a rapper, Will owes us nothing.

Edited by Big Willie

Most predictable reply ever!

EDIT: As a rapper, Will owes us nothing.

LOL :signthankspin: - you know me too well. I know I really come off like a huge negative jerk, but remember its just my frustration. FP is my favorite rapper of all-time and when I listen to classics like Code Red, I just get hyped and wish he would just be a regular rapper by being consistent. IMO - I think L&F was a huge stunt. A huge lie, think about it. Don't you think the success of it along with the whole theory of L&F would convince him to drop another album? I would think so. I dont know guys, sorry for my negativity - its hard to refrain sometimes. At least I'm not like Lerkot, so at least I like other rappers and not strictly FP. hahah

im in between im not as mad as Jim lol, but some people are being very acceptant of Wills decision. For me its a huge blow, i love his music so much. And yeah its his decision, but he shouldnt go around and get peoples hopes up and say music is most important to him etc.

Im with Tim "think" is an important word in this. Im just praying for the tour and single for now. Whatever i can get.

I'll keep following him with the movies. And remmember when his music career dies, this site kinda does too. Since theres been no music, this place is quiet.

I can understand the frustration, but lets be reasonable. Of course I want Will to continue making music, but if he's done with new material, I respect his decision. Good things have to come to an end one day. But at least we have 20+ years of material to look back on.

At some point Will is going to retire from rap. It's inevitable. His discography spans 9 albums and nearly 20 years. Not many cats in hip-hop can boast those kind of stats. If he is done with music then all I can say is thanks for the great music.

I'd rather have Will leave the game on his own terms than be pushed out like so many other rappers in the game(at least those who have actual talent). The industry, despite a stellar '07 from the likes of Talib, Common, Lupe and others, is in shambles. The industry as it's constructed now needs to be destroyed.