Jada Pinkett Wins Essence Award /Attends Film Independent's Spirit Awards

MissAshley

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

01dt4.jpg

02ve1.jpg

Jada Pinkett Smith is one busy - and beautiful - bee! On Wednesday, she was at the First Annual Essence Black Women In Hollywood luncheon, where she honored with an award; she is also #7 on Essence's Hollywood Power List (10 most Bankable movie stars--her hubby Will Smith is #1 on the list). Today she came in style to the 2008 Film Independent's Spirit Awards. You cannot tell me those red jade earrings are not perfect for her yummy complexion (and her name, furthermore).

http://www.connietalk.com/jada_pinkett_wil...ith_022308.html

Ale, I merged your other thread here to keep it clean, since it was kinda related to this topic anyway.

Jada: "This man holds it down."

Will: "I do."

lmao, he's so goofy.

jada talking about directing "The Human Contract"

http://www.youtube.com/user/MovieMakerMagazine

Edited by MissAshley

the exclusive extra interview (video)

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2008/02/the_...ith_reveals.php

10 carats for 10 yrs. must be nice! lol

The Unjaded Mrs. Smith Reveals All

Jada Pinkett-Smith was honored with Essence magazine’s Power Award at their first annual Black Women in Hollywood luncheon, and best friends Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes added some star wattage to the affair. The Power Award is given in recognition of a trailblazer and innovator in the community.

Now Jada’s talking with “Extra” about her rocky beginnings, revealing for the first time that her rock solid exterior comes from growing up in a family stricken by substance abuse. “I watched my aunt and my mother go through addiction,” she confessed. “And how they struggled with addiction and went in and out of rehab.”

Jada attributes her own warrior attitude to watching her family fight through years of hardship, but the starlet says her strength also comes from her own warrior -- hubby Will Smith. Jada says that Will, her “yum-yum cake,” is her main source of strength.

After gushing of his loyalty and understanding, the actress flashed her ten-year anniversary rock. “Ten years baby, ten carats for ten years!” she said, showing the ice to “Extra.” In response to the rumors she may be pregnant, Jada said, “Can’t a girl just be happy?”

When asked to share one beauty secret, Jada said, “Lots of sex!”

Edited by MissAshley