JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Do you think that Summertime is their best song?

analogue

• Members

:thumbsup: I FEEL THAT IT IS DEFINITELY IN THE TOP 5 OF THEIR BEST SONGS OF ALL TIME-THE PRODUCTION VALUE IS ON POINT-THE USE OF "SUMMER MADNESS" BY KOOL & THE GANG GIVES AN EXAMPLE OF HOW TO REALLY SAMPLE AND FREAK A TRACK TO WHERE IT BECOMES TIMELESS.

ANYTIME THAT A RECORD ,WHEN IT COMES ON,CAN MAKE U THINK OF A PARTICULAR TIME ,MOMENT OR SEASON,THAT ALONE GETS A THUMBS UP FROM ME. IT EXPRESSES HAVING A FUN TIME AND HANGING AROUND YOUR FRIENDS AND GOING GIRL WATCHING WHILE WALKING DOWN THE STREET OR DRIVING IN YOUR CAR.

SUMMERTIME WOULD NOT BE THE SAME WITHOUT HEARING THIS CLASSIC JAZZY JEFF & FRESH PRINCE SONG. SUMMERTIME WOULD BE NO.2 ON MY LIST BUT BRAND NEW FUNK STILL RATES NO.1 WITH ME AS FAR AS MY FAVORITE JEFF & PRINCE TRACK.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, I really think that Summertime is JJFP's best song. Why? Because it's a song that is timeless. Whenever I hear this song, it makes me feel good. No matter which kind of mood I am. Even when I'm angry or somethin', Summertime helps to recover.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I think it's one of their best - definately one that is well known. It gets stuck in my head most days, and I personally love it. With the talk of us fans wanting another album, I really do hope it's another collaboration of Jeff and Prince cos IMO they flatten anything other "musical partnerships" - listening to Homebase now (just finished Summertime :D ) I can't think of a better collaboration of two musicians - for that reason alone I think Summertime is my all-time favourite song.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's a great song, but lyrically it's not as good as 'Parents', 'Girls' or 'Nightmare'. It has a better chorus though.

I agree here!

It is a great song but lyrically there are a few better ones.

Summertime is a classic tho'!

But I also love 'I'm All That' and 'Ring My Bell'! :wickedwisdom:

And don't forget 'Boom Shake The Room' guys! :thumbsup: