JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

SMITH URGES PEERS TO THINK INTERNATIONALLY

Ale

WILL SMITH has hit out at actors who refuse to promote their movies around the world, insisting it's the only way to become a global superstar. The I Am Legend star is amazed that only a handful of Hollywood celebrities bother to visit South America, Europe and the Far East to promote films - because those that choose not to are missing huge opportunities to become international stars. He says, "I've had conversations bordering on arguments with a lot of actors (about this). "I ask, 'How many premieres of your movie have you been to?' And they say, 'Oh, one in L.A., one in New York.' Well, what about London? What about Berlin? Tokyo? Seoul? You have to go.' "It's the only way that somebody gets to be a movie star in the way that you look at Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise and myself."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/artic...ionally_1057151

restaurantbl7.png

Hes got a point and thats why hes such a global phenomenon, even with the music back in the 80s..he went to the UK, Holland, Spain and all over. Hes basically saying, dont be pissed that I make more money in movies, this is what I do and you dont do it.

FP is smart because he targets and hits a whole different demographic outside of the US and UK.

There is a certain level of success and celebrity that few entertainers actually get 2. FP is one of the few. And one thing he has in common with everyone else on that level is that they are hard workers who truely appriciate people. They travel the world and love what they do. That's why all these idiot kids in commercial rap fade away so quick. They aren't hard workers, they aren't creative or motivated, and they don't appriciate the people that support them (probably cuz they don't believe in their own product). Let the 'Prince school the vetrans in the movie world who think they know it all wit their little awards.

It does make a difference, but to be fair these days a high percent of actors do come to atleast london to promote their films

It's true a lot of actors go to promote their movies to London. BuT I hate when I see all those big premieres in LA, NY or London and forget about the rest of the world. we also pay to see their movies!!!!! People deserve to meet their favourite actors or singers like I met Will.. I know what I'm talking about, I don't go to concerts 'coz singers I like don't use to come here like C. Aguilera or J.Timberlake so thanks to Will for working hard, spend my money in I am legend was worthier than in Amerinca GAngster for example ( and i have to say I really liked this movie lol)

Edited by Sandy