JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

AMY WINEHOUSE

JumpinJack AJ

Forgive me for being harsh, ignorant, or anything like that. But are there any Amy Winehouse fans on this board. Can someone please tell me why people like her. I think her voice is awful and her sound is annoyng. She looks like a man in drag and every week there is video or pictures of her leaked with her doing drugs or with some kinda sign that she just got done doing drugs...or just got trashed? After making your life look like a mistake since your short career has started (at least in the US), why do people still listen 2 her. This has been bugging me since summer. Can anyone help a playa out? If one of the mod's wants 2 delete this becuz i'm being negative, i won't be offended. I just really wanna know why she has fans.

I guess to some, her album is interesting and she has a story to tell that some people can relate to. I myself never got caught up with the hype.

To be honest i hope she sorts herself out cos she could go onto a decent long lived career.

I thought she had a style that was remenisent to the old style but i thought what she sang about wasn't any good. And to be honest she kinda scared me. But i believe this artist lended her band to her and i have to say i like this group much better. It may look old but its new.

Edit:

I suppose it wouldn't hurt if i would actually put up the link.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8ouI5KcyHfE

This song is good too

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Iq9nb5WpMb8

I was surprised that i actually found one of their albums at walmart.

Edited by Big Ben

AJ i feel EXACTLY the same way. i really dont know why people like her, and im sick of hearing her songs. Druggies annoy me so much too, think of all the people who have health problems and its not their fault then people like her abuse their bodies. And she needs a wash, woah u opened up a can of worms with me here lol.

I dont like the drug stuff, but I think shes cool nevertheless.

Lol, Now AJ will think that im always adversing him on the posts, but its just my opinion and my sisters too. That track with jay z was pretty hot..

brakes it was originally by the zutons

and why do people like her?, you have to look at it as 'each to their own' everyone has different tastes