Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith Lost and Found

Jin

34 members have voted

1. 1. Is Lost & Found a classic album?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I was checking allhiphop.com and found a new thread to the album Lost and Found there. I realized that it is almost 3 years since the album was released and people are still talking about it on the BIGGEST hip hop board on the internet. Therefore classic means timeless, do you think it is one?

If it would have gotten the chance to release more songs like Tell me why & Lost & Found, it would have had a serious chance at becoming a classic, and personally I think it would have become a classic.

But unfortunately it's very underrated, not a classic though. Still, it's one of my favorite all-time albums.

I define classic not by how the media views or by how many singles are released. The industry is in disarray so I can't judge an album's success by how many singles are released or if the label backs the album. L&F is a classic hip-hop album. I can listen to it all the way through. It has no less than 7 classic songs on the album. Forget that it only sold 700k. Forget that Interscope released one single. Just listen to the album and listen to the content. This is a no brainer - it's a classic.

It's a great album, my favorite of his solo material, and one of the best of the year... But to me, classic albums are a rare find, something that is outstanding no matter when you listen, and Lost & Found was not one of them. I mean The Score is a classic album, I don't think L&F can hang with it.

It's a great album, my favorite of his solo material, and one of the best of the year... But to me, classic albums are a rare find, something that is outstanding no matter when you listen, and Lost & Found was not one of them. I mean The Score is a classic album, I don't think L&F can hang with it.

I agree with you Schnazz.

Lost and Found is a great album, but not a classic IMO. There is a big difference between the two, like Illmatic, Paid In Full, Midnight Maurderas, Hard to Earn, Me Against the World, Mecca and the Soul Brother, Return of Da Boom Bap, Illadelphia, It Takes a Nation of Millions, Hes the DJ, etc.

Edited by bart5

I think it's for todays music standards a classic, there is maybe 1 song you can skip through on the album...A classic album don't need necessarily mainstream exposure. If that's the case Common's Resurrection/Be or Little Brother's Minstrel Show/The Listening wouldn't be a classic.

I define classic not by how the media views or by how many singles are released. The industry is in disarray so I can't judge an album's success by how many singles are released or if the label backs the album. L&F is a classic hip-hop album. I can listen to it all the way through. It has no less than 7 classic songs on the album. Forget that it only sold 700k. Forget that Interscope released one single. Just listen to the album and listen to the content. This is a no brainer - it's a classic.

I don't think there's anymore I can add. That sums up how I feel about it.

I don't think there's anymore I can add. That sums up how I feel about it.

:yeahthat: