JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Ice Cube Says Blaming Gangsta Rap Is "An Easy Solution"

bigted

Guest Guest_Jin_*

I'm not dissing him for his movies, I'm dissing him for not keepin it real! He is certainly the best west coast mc, but dissing others because of their gimmick and he himself is on some Scarface bull****, is just dumb! Check Cypress Hill Ice Cube Killa

• 1 month later...

With all due respect, but I don't think Cypress Hill is on the same level as Ice Cube.

Cube is with a shadow of a doubt the best rapper of the westside. A living legend in the rap business.

Now some of y'all say that he's "not real". Why not? Because you don't read articles about him being in prison or something? Come on, he was born and raised in South Central Los Angeles!! That's not the nicest place on earth to grow up. And don't forget that Gangsta Rap comes from these kind of places. I'm sure he has seen alot of bulls**t happen there. Plus he's very intelligent. Therefore he knows exactly what he's rapping about.

I love "Gangsta Rap made me do it". It shows a side of Ice Cube I've missed alot. His political side. I can't wait for "Raw Footage". It will be dope. I'm sure.

Here's the reason I brought this topic back: You can download the official remix of Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It feat. Scarface and Nas here:

http://www.dubcnn.com/

Just because you come from a ghetto, you don't have be automatically a thug or gangsta! He is the best rapper from the westside and no doubt a living legend. I just think that if "keep it real" has some credibility in this rap game, it is very unrealistic that a 38-year old family man pretends to be Gangsta and singing why we thugs. Also he disses people like Oprah Winfrey, who take responsibility for their audience, when he doesn't care.

P.S. Cypress Hill ethered him on Ice Cube Killa, but overall careerwise Ice Cube>Cypress Hill.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just because you come from a ghetto, you don't have be automatically a thug or gangsta! He is the best rapper from the westside and no doubt a living legend. I just think that if "keep it real" has some credibility in this rap game, it is very unrealistic that a 38-year old family man pretends to be Gangsta and singing why we thugs. Also he disses people like Oprah Winfrey, who take responsibility for their audience, when he doesn't care.

P.S. Cypress Hill ethered him on Ice Cube Killa, but overall careerwise Ice Cube>Cypress Hill.

you obviously weren't listening to why we thugs because the point of the song was people wonder why we thugs when the man supplys the product to be sold on the street and then don't supply no jobs or anything i think you need to listen to the song agin