will smith news, articles and more

mixenmasta.b

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Jolie Good Show At Shark Tale Premiere

Animated underwater movie Shark Tale has had its premiere in historic St Mark's Square, Venice.

An audience of 6,000 watched the film on a 100ft inflatable screen, during the Venice Film Festival.

Among them were its stars Will Smith, Angelina Jolie and Robert De Niro who walked down the red carpet with the Basilica di San Marco as their backdrop.

It was the first time such an event had been held in the Square, Venice's most famous landmark.

"This is one to remember forever," said Smith. "This is up there with the No 1 premiere of all time. It doesn't get much better than this."

De Niro was equally impressed: "This is great. It's just amazing."

Jolie said: "It's absolutely beautiful and I'm just thrilled to be here. It really doesn't compare to any premiere or award ceremony there has been before."

The animated underwater movie is a cross between Finding Nemo and The Godfather.

Smith supplies the voice for Oscar, a fast-talking fish who lands himself in hot water when he pretends to have slayed a great white shark.

De Niro sends up his role in The Godfather, playing shark boss Don Lino, with director Martin Scorsese as his puffer fish sidekick and comic Jack Black as his effeminate son.

Jolie is Lola, the femme fatale of the fish world who sets her sights on Oscar when his supposedly heroic feat turns him into a celebrity.

• Members
The rap star is currently starring alongside Adam Sandler and Chris Rock in the new movie, 'The Longest Yard', and he is keen to add to his acting CV.

He said: "I'd love to be getting Will Smith's money.

"But Will is a talented actor and that comes with hard work. I'm not afraid of working hard - that's what I do."

[quote=mixenmasta.b,Sep 12 2004, 07:20 PM]The rap star is currently starring alongside Adam Sandler and Chris Rock in the new movie, 'The Longest Yard', and he is keen to add to his acting CV.

He said: "I'd love to be getting Will Smith's money.

"But Will is a talented actor and that comes with hard work. I'm not afraid of working hard - that's what I do."[/quote]
Who said that??? :dunno:

• Members
Mandela appoints Will Smith as global AIDS ambassador

JOHANNESBURG (AFP) - Former South African president Nelson Mandela reportedly appointed Hollywood actor and rap star Will Smith as a global ambassador for his 46664 AIDS (news - web sites) awareness campaign.

AFP Photo

Smith is in the country with his wife Jada Pinkett-Smith and their two children to promote his new science-fiction movie I, Robot.

"We are pleased to announce that Will Smith has been appointed as our global ambassador," Mandela told a meeting in Johannesburg according to SABC television news.

"I am honoured and will humbly and aggressively respond," responded Smith, who said he fell under the spell of the 86-year-old statesman during a previous visit.

"The last time I was here, I met Nelson Mandela. I got fired up and felt like I could quit my job," Smith was quoted as saying by the local media.

"He made me understand the power I have as an actor. He said the platform I have in film is extremely powerful and that I should use it to influence people," said Smith, who with Mandela sported black T-shirts with the "46664" logo -- the elderly statesman's prison number under apartheid.

The number had now become synonymous with Mandela's AIDS awareness campaign, supported by numerous artists and celebrities including rock stars Bono and Bob Geldoff.

• Members
[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040916/i/r1626587576.jpg[/img]

Former South African President Nelson Mandela ® holds hands with Hollywood actor and renowned rap star Will Smith at the Mandela Foundation offices in Johannesburg September 16,2004.Smith is in South Africa to promote his latest film 'I-Robot', which opens on Friday. REUTERS/Juda Ngwenya Edited by mixenmasta.b

• Members
Jennifer Lopez, Will Smith and Leonardo DiCaprio have joined forces to star in a special new documentary about a tragic 11-year-old wannabe actor.

Dustin Moraz, who was just 11 when he died of a terminal illness, spent much of his short life trying to become an actor and befriended many stars along the way.

His final wish was for filmmaker Giselle Fernandez to tell his story in a new TV film, to encourage more stars to boost he morale of Los Angeles' sick kids.

In the film, Moraz is shown receiving his Screen Actors Guild card at a special ceremony surrounded by Smith and DiCaprio.

Smith says: "I have three children so I can only imagine the pain and difficulty the family has had."

DiCaprio adds: "He has such tremendous courage and I don't think that I would be able to have half the courage that this young man has."

The movie, Our Story, also follows generous stars like Lopez as she spends time with sick kids from Los Angeles' Children's Hospital.

Meanwhile, Lopez will be honoured for the time she has dedicated to kids from the hospital at a gala next month.