JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Why do people dislike I, Robot?

MaxFly

I can understand Ale, I respect that.

It's like IAL, the first part and the last part. Almost everyone liked the first part, in fact loved it.

A lot of people disliked the last part, some loved it. I can see why they said that. The first part is truly amazing. And I robot's problem wasn't the humor, or chemistry problem between Will and Bridget...in fact I liked that chemistry and I thought the humor was brilliant (after the owner of robotics keeps on talking and Will interrupts him ''Sneezes, I'm sorry I'm allergic to BS''...that line is gold. I think much of the blame lies in the weakness of the script. When the script is good Will's movies can be VERY GOOD I'm talking about one of the best type of good, oscar material good, as we've seen in the first hour in I Am Legend. And if the script isn't good like the last part of IAL it can be considered bad.

I've read that Will wanted Guillermo Del Toro for I Am Legend, which IMO would be a great choice.

Obviously Will is a fan of Del Toro and wants to work with him, and I won't be surprised if they collab on a future probject. A Del Toro directed movie with Will Smith will look BEAUTIFUL. Anyone that watched Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy will know what I'm talking about. His style is so gritty yet artistically beautiful and he somehow always delivers. When Will said the next 10 years is his peak, I think he was not only hinting at his own performance but also the movies he's going to pick, hence why he would want to work with Del Toro.

Edited by Typhoon20

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic