JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Why do people dislike I, Robot?

MaxFly

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the worst script ever? No. One of the worst ones? Yeah.

Plot holes, bad director, poor performance by Will... Seriously, is that the real Del Spooner? Of course not. Will is just making jokes all the time, making stupid comments. Like I said, bad script.

Apart from this, the movie is sometimes boring. Great special effects though. I've always said this is a cool movie, not a good movie. Critics say it's one of the worst sci-fi movies of all time, and I agree with them.

Well, the worst script ever? No. One of the worst ones? Yeah.

Plot holes, bad director, poor performance by Will... Seriously, is that the real Del Spooner? Of course not. Will is just making jokes all the time, making stupid comments. Like I said, bad script.

Apart from this, the movie is sometimes boring. Great special effects though. I've always said this is a cool movie, not a good movie. Critics say it's one of the worst sci-fi movies of all time, and I agree with them.

You're offering generalizations. I was looking for a few specifics. What plot holes? What, concerning the script, was bad? What about the movie was boring?

Don't take this the wrong way, but responses like yours are why I started this thread. I always seem to get generalizations, but seldomn any solid examples or instances.

i like I, Robot, i dont remmember there being any plot holes, on imdb they keep mentioning loads of plotholes in i am legend, but it comes across to me that they just didnt understand the movie. i didnt think Will was trying to be funny in I, robot either, he only said the bull**** joke and that was it.

It's my favourite WS movie. It's complete in my opinion. Great cast, great crew, good on screen chemistry between characters, interesting story line and general good performances from every cast member. I find the only people that didn't like it are the people who have read the book and can't look past the fact that the movie was only "based" on the book, and wasn't a word for word following of it. It was a great movie. Will has given his best performances in Ali, POH and IAL and I like I, Robot more because it was a great complete movie, rather than a great Will performance in an ok film.

Edited by Big Willie

Max, you asked and I answered. Nothing I say will change your opinion. I think Will shouldn't have made that movie. It was supposed to be a serious movie and it was just a movie with some action and a lot of special effects. But hey, like I said, it's my opinion.

And BW, that has nothing to do. I've also read I am Legend and I loved the movie although it wasn't exactly like the book. The difference is: in IAL I saw the Robert Neville I was waiting for; in I, Robot I didn't see Del Spooner, just Will Smith.

The Robert Neville you was waiting for, which tells me you was waiting for the same character from the book. Which also tells me that you wanted Will to depict the Del Spooner from the I, Robot book, which means that the book played a part of your dislike of the movie. Because you knew what Del was like originally (book), you could see the differences. For someone who sees the movie first, the way Will acted was Del Spooner.

i like I, Robot, i dont remmember there being any plot holes, on imdb they keep mentioning loads of plotholes in i am legend, but it comes across to me that they just didnt understand the movie.

Lol, for some reason, when people mention plotholes, that generally seems to be the case. For example, people cited the fact that Will used some liquid to cover his tracks in I Am Legend and that we never found out what it was and we never saw him using it again... apparently, a plot hole. Problem is that we were shown that the liquid was vinegar, and we saw him use it in other instances.

Another one was that the museum pond he was fishing in actually had fish, and that didn't make any sense given the fact that all the fish should have died by then. It doesn't really stretch the imagination to think that he must clean the pond, feed the fish, and set it up so that the water is recycled... when that is one of your few sources of fresh food, you'll do whatever is necessary to preserve it.

There are a bunch of other things... it's just a matter of using your imagination and going with the clues that are provided. I personally don't enjoy movies where they tell you everything.