JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I Am Legend 2

MaxFly

With Will Smith's I Am Legend having earned a massive $332.1 million worldwide since opening on December 14, ShockTillYouDrop.com reports that Warner Bros. is looking ahead to a possible follow-up to the Francis Lawrence-directed film. According to the site, the book's author, Richard Matheson, has signed off on sequel rights.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=40628

Unless they can get a big name star to do this, I don't see how this movie will get the green light from any studio. After all, Will's character dies in I.A.L. so you know Will can't star in the sequel. Will Smith is the reason this movie has made over $330 million to date. I don't think anyone else in Hollywood can generate those kind of numbers.

what would happen?? Another virus would surface..........

I think there's plenty more to tell if a good script can be devised. We have a small colony on people left on the planet. 5.4 billion people died in the space of 3 years. Hordes of infected humans are roaming the planet, slowly organizing a society...

The only problem is that Will dies. A sequel wouldn't be nearly successful without him. I think it's a bad idea only because Will will be unavailble... but there's certainly still a very good story to tell.

Well they screwed up a classic novel so I could care less if they make an IAL2.

And the story will probably fail just as much as the ending failed. This isn't a trilogy or anything, it's 1 movie, 1 story, 1 novel.

Besides, I'm happy Will isn't going to be in this.

Now let's hope he starts in Empire with Mann and gets some bigger and better roles.

• 2 weeks later...

Ghost ? lol.

Nah, but I think they could do a prequel, that would work.

Yeah but I can't imagine how that prequel would look like.

Well they could make a movie about what happened during the first 3 years when the infection was going on,

IAL was mainly about after that 3 year period. So they could film the first 3 years and how the infection arised within details. The prequel could deepen into the reality of the disease and the consequences of it.